Collector Cards with Club Combiner Toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by netkid, Apr 23, 2009.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Of my 4 Club Combiners, only my Topspin and Breakaway have special cards, not my Terradive or Landquake.

I got my Topspin free with my membership, the other 3 I recently bought during the club sale where they were $8 each.

Were the cards a "while supplies last" type of deal, or am I really missing 2 collector cards that should have been included with my Terradive and Landquake?

Also, why are Topspin's instructions printed on a much cheaper type of paper than the other 3?

2. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive been wondering the same thing myself actually. i joined the club in january and immediatley ordered Landquake and Skyfall while they were on sale. But i never got any sort of cards with them but everybody talks about them on the boards so i always assumed i had just missed them and they ran out or something.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    The club has had some inconsistencies with what gets packed in with the different figures, but you aren't missing anything compared to what others got with their figures. It seems like they came up with ideas for things between releases.

Kind of sucks, but at least the figures themselves are great.

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I had had the same thought.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, the cards were that years "membership card." So by not getting the toy in the year it first came out by being a member of the club; I think you miss out on the lenticular card that corresponds to the toy.

6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Well since that rule is now basically impossible to fill unless you were in the club since the beginning but never got the toys,

I'd imagine they would have a bit left over because new members wouldn't get the cards, so...

Can we just buy the cards anyways? If they have some left over, I'll take 1 of each for Landquake and Terradive.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *shrug* no clue - you may want to email Brian about any extra cards. Every time I've emailed him about stuff he's pretty nice and responsive.

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Email the Transformers Collector's Club Customer service. They will usually accomodate the customer well. I had a missing part for Breakaway and they mailed the piece to me with no hassle.