Collection Tragedies!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    idk what id do if that happened to any of my TFs lol though I couldve really used that barrel lol

and I think my only "tragedy" was completely destroying my G2 Optimus Prime within hours of getting him and now with him being my first TF I want him back badly :( 

2. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had my entire collection in my parents loft for the last 6 months as we didn’t have the space at ours. After having a damp problem in their house, I popped up there just after Christmas to find my storage boxes between mildly damp to soaking wet. There were about 20 large boxes and none of them were dry.

Pretty much everything that was MISB or MIB was wet inside and crinkled due to the damp. It was dry over the summer so I guess they have been in 3-4 months of damp conditions.

I took them all out and put the de-humidifiers on. It took about 4 days for them to dry through and most of the crinkling and bubbling dried out, but not on all though.

I have now moved them to a secure dry storage unit.

My MP01 Prime was un hurt and my Omegatron (MIB 100 complete, unused, working unapplied stickers etc etc) was ok as it was in a box inside a box inside a box.

All the loose stuff was damp and backing cards were damaged etc but these have dried out.

My main concern is for the toys that have batteries included. Most of these like MP01 I have opened and taken batteries out of but some of the newer stuff remain MISB.

3. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Holy crap, if your Shockwave was a simple transformation, and mine is a complicated one.... NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

And to clarify, I thought my Shockwave would be returned the next day, which is when I brought the Jettwins then I found out my friend was holding him hostage. Megatron and Swoop were destroyed by dogs and kindergarten children who decided to take my Figures off their high perch and leave them in a low part of the shelf, Blurr I decided was a freak accident. I only made the school connection last week.

4. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Well, I have been a fan of Transformers since I can remember. Im 26 so I was just old enough to catch G1. Some of my earliest memories are transformers related. Like playing with a tf in the hospital when I was 4, and opening Trypticon for xmas. By the time G1 ended, I had probably collected 30~40 tf's. Trypticon, Fort Max, Computron, G2 Devastator, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Highbrow, G2 Optimus.... and so on.

Well years later, when I was in middle school or just in high school. My mom thought it would be a good idea to clean out the basement. Yup, all gone, save some of G2 Constructicons and some micro-masters. At the time, I was not a "Collector" and didn't care for either of the "Beast" series so they were just sitting in boxes that I would open every few months and remember my childhood. Funny how all the crap she could have tossed was still down there years later. I had always planned to keep them cause they were my favorites as a kid. But since my mom tossed all my stuff, I think it made me aware of how much I loved tf's. Soon after graduating I begun collecting and learned that I wasn't the only one with and addiction to transformers.

The worst part was loosing Fort Max and Computron. Those two were my absolute favorite tf's and I have not been able to re-buy wither yet for a reasonable price. Lesson here guys, hide everything you dont want your parents to throw away.

5. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Cybertron Metroplex decided to have a fall, landed on Masterpiece Prime, next thing I know Primes lovely paint job is ruined!