Collection Tragedies!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PyroniusRex, Feb 2, 2009.

1. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Well recently my fairly small collection has been injured, and I felt like posting this up so I could bitch about it some more and heal a little by hearing about some other people's miseries. Note, tragedies may or may not be recent I could care less.

Well here we go: Starting from the month of January I came home to discover multiple disappointments involving my collection. First of which was I found my Animated Voyager Class Cybertronian Megatron demolished! His knee pads were chewed off, his plastic is mangled and tearing, and he can no longer stay together in alt mode. Landmine's damages were sustainable, he simply had a dent in his head but upon seeing Cybertronian Megs I threw him at my bed and his arm and head haven't been seen since. I was a little happier once I received my Christmas money and purchased Safeguard, Swindle, and Shockwave. I brought Shockwave to school, but I stashed him in my friend's backpack because I didn't have time to transform him into a safe not breakable mode and he had a snug backpack with his gym clothes in them, he refuses to return it until he figures out the transformation he's a quad changer it's gonna be a while. I bought Animated Blurr the next day and took him to school, I didn't have 24 hours with him before he was stolen. Today I brought the JetTwins with me, Jetfire now has to be retrieved from my by-atch of a Language Arts teacher.

I want to hear your stories so please post them, I promise to read every single one as long as this thread doesn't grow fast.

2. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    after energon made all my interest in transformers deplete.....i got rid of all my tf's. i had about 100, mostly beast wars.

movie sparked my interest back up and i now have all those toys and over 250 more.

no harm done to anyone but the wallet.

now i know to never get rid of any transformers ever.....ever

3. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Lesson of the day: Don't take your transformers to school, kids!

4. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I learned that, it is a curse something bad always happens to the ones that are taken to school, the ones I listed were all brought to school at one point in time.

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Dog?
    Wow, no offense, but you should have really learned not to bring your TF's to school after the 2nd incident... if not the 1st. But to willingly bring harm to your collection for a 3rd time??!?! Not feeling real sorry for you bro. You and your friends should enjoy your TF's AFTER school from now on.

My only real tragedy is giving away alot of my original childhood G1 TF's when I became a teenager and was "too old" for TF's. Man, do I regret it. Over the last 10 years or so I've replaced most of them, but not all... the ones I haven't I miss the most. Ratchet, Thrust, Trailbreaker and Shockwave.

6. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    This is not a pity topic it is a topic where you laugh at the screen and post something like: "Oh dude, that sucks it's like that one time where I..." get it now? *rudeness not intended*

7. jametron

News Credits:
    I wasn't trying to be rude, I just felt you brought it on yourself, so I hope you learned from the experience like we all have to at times. That's all.

And I did share my tale of woe.

:) 

So now, what was the deal with Megs and Landmine? You didn't say... was it a dog that chewed them up or am I missing something?

8. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    another bad thing just happened. my dag came in my room, wagging her tail and she smacked trantulus (with tail) onto the ground, legs went everywhere, thank god the bullets on a string cuz that shot. 3 legs and his head, have yet to be found

9. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yes, the dog chewed 'em up bad a better wording would be ate them... And I meant I was the rude one.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the good news is you can get Encore Ratchet really cheap, and Encore Trailbreaker isn't alot either. Thrust, and especially Shockwave, will be a bit more though =/

11. jametron

News Credits:
    Bad dog indeed... that sucks. Mine only chews occasional slippers and blankets! Pisses the wife off, but that's just because she doesn't know I have a deal with him. I let him have the slippers and blankets as long as he leaves the Transformers alone.:wink: 

And for what its worth I didn't think you were being rude to me at all... I looked back at my first post and I did kinda come off sounding like a dick. Sorry 'bout that.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My roommate lost 90% of his huge MISB collection in a house fire a few years ago.

Still has the charred remains of an Omega Supreme to prove it.

13. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    you win the thread

14. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Lol, I know people might be saying that you shouldn't bring your TF's to school, but that's just what kids do, I know I did! Only time i remember loosing one was when I buried Dead End in the sand (I have no idea why) and then when I tired to dig him out I couldn't find him XD

Also gave away my G2 Tank Megatron when I grew out of TF's (before I got into them again), really kicking myself for that one. And most of my old TF's are currently MIA, no idea if they're stored somewhere or if my mum sold them at a garage sale. So far Ive found some G2's, Grimlock and Slag but thats about it.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    G1 and G2 collection was boxed up, put in the storage room, and then completely smashed under heavy objects carelessly placed ontop of them.

made a topic about it a while back

still sad about it.

17. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    My '76 or '74 Camaro or whatever the hell it is movie Bumblebee randomly fell off of my shelf and his left door snapped off. That's about the only "tragic" thing to happen to my collection. I need to somehow get a replacement door for him...

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never took my Transformers to school and I think the only G.I. Joe I took to school was Freefall. No other figures. Even as a youngster I didn't trust other kids with my stuff, I had to much respect for my crap.

I was also apparently one cynical little bastard from an early age. Ha.

As far as disasters or things breaking or being lost over time, my complete G1 Devastator broke as a kid and we had to trash it. I don't recall what broke exactly, but I remember having it and even my mom remembers it and how we had to get rid of it once it was busted beyond repair. Plus her memory can be horrible and she barely remembers the names of the characters beyond the big names, so the fact that this stuck was a rather memorable moment from my childhood.

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yeah, I've got a story.

It was when I was between 10 and 12... I don't remember exactly. It was before G2 and Actionmasters, but we had those cool pretenders with transforming shells.

I had found all the pieces to my Ultra Magnus, Menasor, Computron, and the shell to Pretender Vroom. Among other pretty awesome G1s.

I was living in NJ, and my best friend (also a TF fan) had moved to PA, about an hour away (which is FOREVER when you're a kid, of course) and our families were meeting at a lake beach about an equal distance between us. I brought a bunch of my toys (including all of those mentioned above), because I always did when I was going to see said friend. He had brought a few as well.

I had left mine out, figuring them safe with the rest of our families' stuffs, to go swimming. Whoops.

I don't remember all that was lost, but significant losses were Dead End and Wildrider (from Menasor), most of Computron (I have a broken Strafe and Afterburner left), all of Ultra Magnus, the Vroom shell (that I had just found THAT DAY) and many, many others. As we were leaving my mom had mentioned that she'd seen some other kids playing with me and my friend's toys.

I sobbed my way back home having lost some of my favorites... and yeah, they still would have been favorites of my collection if I still had em now. That was a pretty tragic day for me.

20. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nothing good comes out of taking toys to school. Theres no place to really look at play with it. Once you do you become a target for it to be stolen from jealous onlookers. Teachers who see it will then take them. Schools just a bad idea.

I have had nothing bad happen to my collection as I have a room just for the purpose of keeping them safe. So nothing bad here.