Collection size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Jun 19, 2012.

1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

About how many TFs do you currently own?

Do you ever feel it gets to be too much and you have to thin it out?

Im somewhere around 100. I thin it out every now and again if there is anyone I feel that just doesn't stand out to me. I am actually in the process of getting some together for a flea market on Sunday. I hope to make some money back after having made some serious additions to my collection recently.

2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

No, I just store them in tough box's when I run out of space for them. Just got back into collecting not that long ago and already have around 100 in storage... If you don't get rid off enough just post pics and prices on the junkion exchange here. Seems to be a good place to "thin out" your collection as long as the prices are "reasonable".

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I enjoy having a large collection. I'm fortunate enough to have room for it, which I'm most definitely thankful for :) 

I've never felt that I've ever needed to thin out my collection because it's too large. I enjoy collecting as a hobby so I don't try to limit myself. I definitely love Transformers from all the various lines and size classes.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm far too lazy to sit down and count them all. I love having a bunch of bots to look at, so I never plan on selling any.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Hit 705 last week.

6. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 273 of them.. oops make that 274. I just made it to a new place and have no real room for them, but I'm making room. Once I get my new bookshelves, I'm going to get them setup and then decide which ones I want to get rid of. I have some BW mutants and fuzors I no longer want and think they are just ugly. So I'm thinking of getting rid of them for the 4 or 5 of BW that I missed.

I have a definitive list of transformers I'm looking for. (not including ones that have not come out) Once I get that list completed then I'll work on just new ones I want.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once I reunite my stuff here with the stuff I have back in the UK, I'll have about 120. Man am I looking forward to seeing ol' Omega Supreme again.

8. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:

I don't have much interest in random characters now.

9. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last time I counted it was at 171. I'll need to update soon with new additions recently.

I do feel my collection is getting too large mainly because I collect other lines besides Transformers and space is already becoming an issue. I collect Marvel, DC, G.I. Joe, and many other random lines and that takes up a lot of space already.
    I have actually thinned down some of my collection several times just to reduce space and sell things I don't care for anymore.

10. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Little over 100

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    700ish. I haven't counted, nor have I had them all on display in the past year or two. It is too much for my current space, but there isn't a lot to cull in it right now. I have been better about not having as many impulse buys.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I have 145. They are mostly in boxes in storage.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't counted in awhile but I'd guess around 100. Used to have a lot more before I sold most of them.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I guess I have about 1500 figures from all lines but only about 1/3rd are actually on display, the rest are in storage in my trailer.At times I wish 1 of 2 things would happen where I could display all of them but my room is so darn small,two is I could just sell off all the ones I could live without.And right now I am debating on whether to put them all on ebay or not since about half of them in my trailer I don't want anymore.You know it really gets hard sometimes trying to figure things out,but also enjoyable when you see your collection displayed proudly to see.And sure I say on here a lot how Hasbro is losing their touch and how I might one day give up TF collecting but I doubt it as this line of toys has always held a special place since childhood and I love them too much.

15. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I'm sure I have close to or more than 200. Haven't counted mine still.

16. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    I think over 1000

17. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have just over 1200. No, I never feel like I have to thin it out. Actually I feel like I need a bigger house :D  Which will happen eventually, but for now, I am happy to store them carefully until that day. Currently, just about the entire collection is on display, but I recently made more storage room and I want to display them in a less cluttered fashion.

18. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

In august 2007 I bought number 500 in the collection and a few weeks later I was at 530. At that time I took a step back and looked at the collection. At least half of it was in boxes in the attic (some bought for kitbashing, others just no room), while quite a lot of the displayed figures I didn't really care for anymore. I realized this was too much.

After finishing some reconstruction and putting up more shelves I estimated that I could put between 200 and 300 figures on display -- more if the shelves were crowded, but I like the figures to have enough space to be posed, put in altmode and easily in reach.

Although I've kept on buying (more critically ever year so the amount I buy is reduced), every year since I've sold about twice what I bought in that year.

The result is I'm now at approx 375 figures (not counting 3rd party) with the goal of reducing it to 250-300, and perhaps even less.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    There's too much movie stuff in my collection and I'm making a list of ones I'm gonna sell.

20. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As I quickly approach the 2K mark I am starting to think maybe I should thin the herd a little. It's getting quite crowded and I think I may need to prioritize.