collection placeholders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JazzIsBack, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

so we all know theres certain figures that we never got or just never made and we got other figures to taske there spot, which ones do yuo have in plac of others and for who? for example i have pcc sledge in my animated collection to replace scrapper, and animated arcee in my g1 colllection

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I use Animated Blackarachnia in place of the BW version. I had BW Blackarachnia, but she was one of the victims of my brother's brats. For some reason the TM 2 version escape me.

I also use G2 Bonecrusher in place of G1 Bonecrusher. For some reason my brother lost that one by the time I got his Transformers.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The only thing you could call a 'placeholder' as such in my collection is KO Henkei Thundercracker. I guess I'll own the original one day...

So although it's not actually one figure standing in for another in this case, it;s certainly not the genuine article, so to speak.

Normally I don't use stand-ins for other figures. If there's a TF I want, I usually just go and buy it (or save up, then go and buy it!) or do without.

I'm one of those fussy collectors who doesn't like to mix aesthetics, and - for the most part - the differing lines should be kept seperate. The only exception I can think of is when I finally get my Neo G1/G2-inspired line up together. I'll be using figures like HFTD Payload, Banzaitron and Axor alongside the Botcon 2010 set, for example.

4. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I've got a few placeholders for my Neo G1 shelves. Though can they really qualify as place holders? The Classics line is a hodge podge of various lines with differing aesthetics. But anyways, here's what I got:

- Superlink Laserwave Custom for Shockwave
    - Music Label Soundwave for Soundwave
    - Device Label Broadcast for Blaster
    - G1 Devastator with CrazyDevy Add-ons for Devastator
    - PE Frenzy and Rumble for Frenzy and Rumble
    - City Commander for Ultra Magnus
    - Warbot Defender for Springer
    - iGear Delicate Warrior for Arcee

If Hasbro/TakaraTomy ever decides to release official ones. I'll buy them if they look good and replace the ones I have. Otherwise, I'm perfectly content with these "placeholders".

5. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically the only placeholders I use are used for my "classics" collection are A/E/C toys that would otherwise be in storage if I didn't repurpose.
    - Energon Bulkhead for Springer
    - Energon Shockblast for Shockwave
    - Cybertron Soundwave for Soundwave
    - Cybertron Scrapmetal (Blue and Red) for Rumble and Frenzy...hopefully getting swaped out when the RTS/Generations version is available.
    - Movie G1 Deco for Jazz (getting swapped out next week with RTS Jazz)
    - Energon Devastator as Devastator (really wish I didn't pass on the original classics version).

I am sure there are more, but that is all I can recall of the top of my head.