Collection Intervention

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AutoBobby, Aug 15, 2012.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I thought for sure there would be a thread on this show already,but I guess not.

Had a chance to watch last night's premiere episode and I can see that I'm really going to like this show.

That was an awesome Star Wars collection that the couple had.I especially loved the Han Solo in Carbonite....freakin' awesome piece.Then she starts balling when she hands over the little Wicket figure.Still a great collection though.

The guy with the Catwoman collection was alright.Catwoman was never a favorite character of mine.I just wish they would've said how much he offered him for that Mego Incredible Hulk.I have the same one in the box in my collection.

From the preview that they showed,there are a lot of great collections and episodes coming up.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    There's two actually, one in TFGD and one in news and rumors

3. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I liked it too, cant wait for the TF one next week! :) 

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched the episode On Demand and it was interesting. I can understand how the guy with the Catwoman collection and the Stars Wars lady felt.

Back in the 80's I had to sell my huge comic book collection and my G1 TF collection. Today I still think about it when I sold my collections, but not go into a deep depression.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I watched it via on-Demand, and felt it was ok. Mainly for me, I dislike the reality show format greatly. With something like this, it's hard to avoid, though.

I was originally a bit apprehensive when I saw the premise, as "collectors" already have a negative stigma to fight. Things like this typically make that worse. This show seems a bit more sensitive to the collector (which is smart, as it doesn't alienate the audience).

I think the thing I like the most about it is that the goal is to have a manageable and enjoyable collection. I enjoy the psychological portions shared, but it didn't harp on them. It's doing pretty well about presenting things how they are with less of an agenda with the subject matter.

6. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know I wasn't really keen on the ladys remark about collecting and how you should collect to resell later on. I dont feel like thats the only reason to collect.

7. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand why they chose to sell all the high end merchandise but decided to keep the hundreds of little things that would have added up to a more significant price (talking about the Star Wars collection). Also you can tell the SW lady was acting to some extent for the sake of the show.

Other than that I found it quite entertaining, especially from a collector's point of view. Looking forward to the next episode
    Agreed.

8. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lolly was a house wife....if $4000 got them mostly out of debt she could have got a parttime job and paid that plus more. Let alone they could have stored his collection better in the garage. I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but it seemed to be just a way for the husband to get rid of his collection cause she didn't want anything to do with it.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nextweek episode will be a guy and his Transformers collection and a collection of 30,000 comic books.

The guy who had the Hot Wheels and GI Joe, he had a 1958 or 59 Chrysler Imperial parked in his garage. But the lady with the Barbie collection, that was selfish of her to take away her son's closet space to store her Barbies.

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yeah, that ticked me off a bit too.