Collecting Takara reissues question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tito, Oct 26, 2006.

1. tito

tito Well-Known Member

I have come to the point where there are only a few more G1 Transformers I need to finish Seasons 1, 2 and 3. These are the only seasons I am going to collect since they are the ones I remember from my childhood. Anyway I would like to start collecting the Takara reissues (#0-19?) and need some advice since I no nothing about them. I only want misb. Here are some questions:

Where are the best places to buy them?
    Do any stores still carry them?
    I see some come w/ dvd's. Are these versions better?

Basically any information would be great. Also, where is everyone buying the MP03 & MP04 figures?
    Thanks

2. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    If you want to go with the bookstyle reissue as they were refered to you'll hit some snags as some can be pricy. Out of curiousity I'm following a buy it now auction for 1700 for the whole set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Takara-G1-Reissue-TFC-00-thur-21-MISB_W0QQitemZ320041750620QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4694QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I think that's a little high but some of the figures, like Prime, Minibots, Blitzwing, Megatron, Soundwave and possibly Soundblaster will cost a lot of money.

Some places you can get some still are
    www.digital-toys.com
    www.bbts.com
    www.tfsource.com
    Other than that, I think ebay will be your best bet. I'm missing, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, minibots, and the insecticons. I'm attempting to get the insecticons and Blitzwing now.

But start with Digital Toys. Mike's a good guy and he has a decent number of them to get you started.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well what you ask is a very long and somewhat complicated story. But here's an abbreviated version.

In terms of Takara reissues as a whole first of all you have to distinguish between the first series of reissues done by Takara, convention and event only reissues, book style reissues, and reissues that are common but not done as book style reissues (such as Galvatron and Star Convoy).

The book style reissues like I said are the most common and easiest to find. Most online stores have sold out of them as they did end a wile ago however you may still find the odd online store with the odd book-style reissue. Your best bet for these or any Takara reissues is the secondary market like eBay or our own Junkion exchange.

Common but non-book style reissues like Star Convoy and Galvatron are still available at many online stores (see sidebar on the left) and many have them on clearance so you might want to look into these first.

As for older Takara reissues and convention and or event exclusives I can provide a bit more info later but you might want to do a Google search on these for more comprehensive info. The convention and event exclusives are definitely the hardest and most expensive to track down.

4. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    Where are the best places to buy them?
    www.TFSource.com
    www.BBTS.com
    www.digital-toys.com

Do any stores still carry them?
    see above, but you'll only find the newer ones. The others that remain were typically released in the states and sold at Toys R Us. That's why they're not moving. (01 Jazz, 02 Prowl, 03 Skids, 04 Tracks, 05 Smokescreen, 07 Inferno)

There should be a ranking of priority you find these. The following are THE most difficult.
    00 Convoy
    06 Megatron
    09 Starscream (Anime)
    10 Soundwave
    12 Minibots
    16 Insecticons
    18 Soundblaster

These just have such high values. With the TRU re-release of Soundwave (a blue TFC18 Soundblaster), the TFC18 and 10 values should tank.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a gut feeling that given the direction that TakaraTomy is currently taking...we will see a reissue of the reissues real soon...just like Megatron.

6. tito

tito Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I am looking for the book style reissues.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Blitzwing isn't going for cheap either. It topped $120 in an auction a week or so ago.

8. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im trying to get the TFC Reissues too, and I got quite a few. Right now Im looking for Soundblaster, Soundwave, and Prime. Sadly I had a chance to get Soundblaster one time at Dairycon for only $60, but I passed, and now Ill be lucky if I get him for under $100. Oh well, Ill probally wait on those two to see if the prices go down after the US reissue of Soundwave.

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I finally broke down, and got the reissue kup. Im glad I got it a reasonable price.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron being re-reissued was a false rumor.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Serious!? Awww man, I'm so disappointed...I guess even my regular import store got the wrong information too...thanks for informing me by the way!

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think it was really a false rumor, but a misunderstanding of the now known MP-5 Megatron

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I think it was another episode of Fun With TakaraTomy.