Collecting poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyber-Scream, Mar 17, 2009.

?

Ever quit?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. Yes. Once I stopped, but I'm back to collecting now.

49 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No. Never stopped being a fan.

25 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    No BayMovie bullshit for me.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Never stopped. Even during the lean years. 1984 - present day.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stopped when G2 started and Binaltech/Alternators brought me back. Video Games & Sports filled that void.

4. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Same here... RID got me back in with the coolness of auto-vehicles transforming. TRuK noT MuNKey!

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had the beastwars-machines....stopped saw TFTM 1....now have all those and i pick and chose from all the inbetween series.....ive got a bunch now. all of the first movie, all of animated....

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

As a kid I collected the comic books but not many of the toys for G1. I think I stopped with comic books and toys when they tried to replace so many characters after the animated movie.

Jumped back in at Beast Wars because while the toys weren't perfect I just loved the characters so much I wanted them in plastic form.

Dropped out again because Beast Machines didn't work for me.

Started back again when Classics came out because it was wow these are the toys I wanted back when I was a kid wondering why the toys didn't look like the characters in the cartoon and comic books. Articulation also won me over.

Looks like I'll be taking a year or so break during the movie line then I'll likely be back to collecting Transformers again once we get something like the Universe line again.

7. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i stopped after G2. I unfortunately didn't know that Beast Wars was official TF's so i thought they were just a rip off and refused to get them. Of course I had to go back and start getting them years later. I officially picked back up with RID. Haven't stopped since.

8. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not really an official break but RID was pretty much regulated to only being released at KB here so it was pretty hard since shelf space was very limited. When pretty much an entire aisle was Hot Wheels,Power Rangers and wrestling figures it didnt leave much room for Transformers. Been collecting since 1992.