Collecting poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyber-Scream, Mar 17, 2009.

?

Ever quit?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. Yes. Once I stopped, but I'm back to collecting now.

49 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. No. Never stopped being a fan.

25 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious to see the difference between the amount of collectors who have lost interest in the franchise and those who've kept their plastic addiction since childhood. Also feel free to discuss.

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped buying new figs at one point for about a year or 18 months but I did keep some of my favorites. I have never stopped being a fan even when I was not buying new figs though. I am back with classics now, they are some of the best transformers.

3. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

right now, im not really stopping, just being selective (thanks to the current recession) with the stuff that i buy, but it doesnt stop me from being always a fan.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Energon just about did me in for TFs. I was seriously WTFing at Energon. But Cybertron brought me back long enough to find out about the movie. The rest is history.

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I went ahead and chose Yes, I did stop once. Because I stopped when I was about 14, and I didn't start collecting again untill I was 21. The last TF toyline I collected, before I quit, was Beast Wars when they were originally being sold at retail. However I never stopped loving Transformers, just started spending money on other things for awhile as a teenager. Not to mention being more interested in football and girls lol.

I didn't buy another transformer untill 20th Anniversary Prime was released, which happened to be around the same time I was turning 20. I didn't actually start collecting again untill the Alternators line came back. By the time Classics 1.0 came around I was hooked again.

I assume as long as the keep coming out with great figures based on the G1 characters in the Masterpiece and Classics' line I will keep collecting. I'm a geewunner through and through.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I chose yest, although I haven't stopped since I started to truly "collect". I've been a fan, and bought/gotten TF toys most of my live, though there have been periods of time where my interest has gone to other things.

7. billshotrod

billshotrod Stunticon

I stopped when G2 was coming out and my local store was not getting anything new. It lasted a few years and I began again near the end of Beast Machine. Never stopped since.

8. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried to stop when I was in 6th grade. Lasted for about a year or two. I ended up getting Optimal Optimus for my birthday when I started back :) 

9. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started with Beast Wars, went away after watching Beast Machines, don't even remember the toys being out for RID, came back for Armada through now. :D 

10. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Can you really be considered a collector when you're a kid? I was into Transformers and lost interest after the 86' movie came out. I never cared much for the movie characters. I think my very last Transformers I ever got were the Autobot and Decepticon clones in 87'.

I bought a couple of G2 figs like Jazz and Devastator but never really got back into Transformers. I didn't really get back into the fandom until a couple of years ago though.

11. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I put no but now that i think about it i did stop through high school but still always been a fan

12. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

being a kid during the end of G1/first season of beast wars, i definitely had transformers:thumbs2: 
    but near the second season i lost interest completely.
    i even got rid of all my transformerish toys in a yard sale!:eek: 
    spychangers, G2 laserrod ops, gaiter megs and bat primal, rattrap, some knockoffs, ect.
    then my friend got into transformers during R.I.D and i got back in the game.
    until energon wave 1.
    finally i saw the bayformers movie and here i am today.

13. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I've never really stopped. I've gotten progressively more selective in my purchasing patterns and I imagine I'll continue to by them for at least the next five years or so.

14. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I stopped after Cybertron. I had been collecting since BW since then. Well, buying them if I thought they looked cool. I was a little kid sooo...

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I started with Beast Wars (although I apparently had a couple of G1/G2 toys as well), skipped Beast Machines, and picked up a few toys from RID->Cybertron, but nothing serious.

Alternators really pulled me back to the toylines, and that was coupled with the movie toys coming out as well. I'm at a point where I can't leave a Target/WalMart without just looking to see what they have :D .

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I stopped between 1989 and 1996. During that interim I collected cheerleaders.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I originally stopped collecting after G1 ended in the early '90s, and I didn't start up again until a few months before the 2007 movie. The figure that got me back into collecting TFs was Alternator Smokescreen. It was all downhill from there for my poor wallet. :D 

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hell yes I stopped, during most of the Unicrap Trilogy.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Never really stopped. But my collecting slowed down almost to a standstill from G2 up until the debut of Classics.

20. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    On and off depending on what series is out.