Collecting mood and random thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Having a limited budget of $400/month "on a GOOD month" really sucks. I've got a huge list of about 70+ figures I wish to purchase and several of them have been pending for quite a while. When my budget has to go towards grocery shopping, that really put's the brakes on my collecting capabilities. I'd love to be able to purchase two/three figures a week!
    I sure wish I had more money to spend on my hobbies. :(  But, gotta manage with what I've got, and I consider my self very lucky that I have what I've got! :D 

2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    You know what always puts me in a good collecting mood?:
    Gazing through the toy pics in my transformer books and guides...
    I find it to be one of the more relaxing activities in my life.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Over the past month I've been focusing on reorganising my collection. Picked up a new wooden shelf that has been populated (toy wise) with my Legacy Collection Millennium Falcon, and my movie and Animated TFs. Been opening tons of stuff (both TF and SW) and setting them up. It's been a busy month so far.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm very much tempted to just buy, buy, buy all the TFs that I want to add to my collection, but I really need to start watching how much I spend. Besides, I'm practically out of room to display my TFs, I could really use some new shelves but then again I don't have that much room in my bedroom for new shelves so I'm most likely going to have to resort to storing my TFs in Rubbermaid tubs.

I should get around to selling the TFs that I no longer want and just focus on the toy lines that matter most to me, but I've tried selling some of them on here before and never had any luck selling them... maybe it's because of the way I priced them or no one was interested in what I had to sell... but whatever the reason, I don't know if I should bother listing what I've got to sell here or if I should just try eBay instead.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    My Transformers collecting is non-existent. Generations can't come soon enough.

6. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    reading this board always gives me interests, otherwise i most likely will quit collecting all together. but im recently getting pissed off with so many good items coming out at one time, for example, i want mp sleep mode prime, the cobra head add on, the fansproject bruticus, protector, night morpher, rodimus animated, city commander, need a buch of the classics figures to make the fp sets work. then now hear of mp rodimus, unicron, clear animated figures, and much more repaints coming out. so its just getting so much at one time. theres no room for a break to save on money. :( 

7. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I have been really frutrated lately. I haven't been able to find what I'm look for not even online.

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    My last 10-15 acquisitions (spanning a couple of months) have all been G1 & WSTs. The last "new" figure I bought was ROTF Lockdown back in January. Maybe it's because Hasbro have been focussing on Iron Man lately, Maybe it's because alot of the new stuff just doesn't appeal to me anymore... I don't know. Maybe I'm just stuck in the past... :lol 

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    For me it always seems like I overdose my self with Transformers and get tired of it for a day or two.

10. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I'm very happy yet impatient. I can't wait to go to botcon, pick up the set and whatever else. Warbot Defender, IG mini MP Prime, rotf stuff.

Also very eager to hear about a 2nd run of the TFCC P/CP, since I didn't order it in time.

11. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Collecting mood is kinda lacking, since There's not much stuff up here without a TRU. Not a single ROTF Armorhide in sight. And no MP Grimmy, since there is no TRU within a five hour drive. Though I may be able to snatch one if we go to Winnipeg again during summer.

It sucks being a 14 year old TF fan in Northern Alberta.:( 

12. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Word. I've gotten myself hooked on WST's - those little *******s are addictive, and even when you stock up on the cheap ones and the KO's, it turns into a shocking amount of money really fast. Well worth it though :D 

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Currently... anticipation. I can afford Warbot Defender - but I'm currently also 100% supporting my disabled girlfriend (who I'm planning to marry eventually) who's waiting for her disability checks to start coming in, so I have her to consider, and $80 for a toy is a luxury I have to be careful about spending.

If you really want to downsize, you might consider selling to BBTS or TFSource. I've sold to BBTS before, which gives you an option for store credit or a Paypal payment (Store credit will give you I think 20% more? I don't recall), and if you sell a lot at a time, you'll get enough back to pick up some of the more pricier toys you might be eyeing. You won't get as much for your toys selling to them as you would on ebay or on the boards here, of course, but I feel like they're fair, and I haven't once been told "We don't want this figure."

14. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I'm thankful for this relatively slow period, having just come off a three month binge and thousands of dollars spent in order to catch up after 3 years away.

15. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trimming my collection down a little bit to prepare for the next few lines, and gain funds. being a little more conservative of what I get at retail and looking more at spending more on fewer items, like Fansproject, and bigger ticket, older items like MP Prime, and the upcoming MP Grimlock.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Mine has been a season of discontent.

Really not into the movie stuff except for a few hybrid figures and I really can't budget in the third party stuff no matter how nice the stuff is. So with nothing new to get excited it's been hard to get excited enough about Transformers to even look for some things that would fit into my Classics/Universe/Generations line.

GI Joe has lacked excitement with nothing new as they try to clear off all the movie stuff that did not sell. Even the Marvel stuff has slowed to a crawl for the Iron Man stuff. I mean there are some nice things in the Iron Man line, but not as exciting as some of the Marvel stuff coming out later.

Maybe when things start coming out that aren't linked to a movie I can get back to being excited about toy collecting rather than feeling blah about it.

17. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im in a 'buy less, appreciate more' mode right now, which doesn't mean savings. my May-June figure must haves include Warbot, MP ghost ss, FP bruticus upgrade and a freaking hot toys iron man. less is more, more or less.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kitbashing more, waiting fo rmy paycheques from my new job to start coming in so i can pick up the FP stuff quickly, not into movie stuff at all, so bored on the current releases

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Guess I will try that. Thanks, Renidragon.

20. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I focus largely on G1, but I also buy henkei/classics and the odd awesome 3rd party piece (like Defender). Focussing on G1 often means that I end up trawling Ebay wishing I had more money then I currently do. Sometimes I get a little upset that I can't afford the things I want (I was bidding on a Milton Bradley G1 Hound yesterday, was winning till the very last minute the price shot up suddenly. I was a bit depressed after that).

I guess the biggest problem for me (apart from the money) is my focus on G1 and G1 homages. I can't really get into any other line, I just don't feel any connection to BW or the new movies (in fact I loathed ROTF).

I learned a while back that I often use TF's as an emotional support. As a child I invested my emotions in the characters rather than the people around me, so I can be a little too focussed on my collecting. My GF told me last week I spend too much time talking about TF's, though she conceded that she's the same with Hetalia: Axis Powers!