Collab Writing discussion topic

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Irony, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Irony

Irony fangirl

Original idea by Fierceawakening.

This would be the discussion thread for a collaboration writing. You can introduce your characters here, comment on the story we would write, you may also come up with suggestions even if you are only a reader and you do not plan to get involved in writing.

The actual collab-written fan fiction would be in another thread. There it will be strictly prohibited to comment, suggest, discuss or talk about real life. This thread here is for that purpose.

Universe: something we need to discuss first. I say it should be a completely new universe and other (official or fan-made) timelines can only be referred to the way Animated had a lot of references. Please discuss.

Private characters: those that only you want to handle. Since I would like to keep it uniform, the narration would be third person - but there still would be characters who belong to one person only. Others may use them with permission. I suggest they should be own characters only.

Common characters: characters who are in the story but not belong to one specific writer. They can either be own characters suggested here and left for adoption, or they can also be official characters. If you take an official character, please keep them in-character to avoid confusion.

Plot, basic ideas: please discuss.

Other rules: this is a game of writing interesting stories, not a game of battle with one writer's characters fighting agains the other writer's. You may take Autobot-only / Decepticon-only characters , but I suggest you at least try writing with characters of both factions.
    The goal is having fun and writing an interesting story, NOT to have one faction defeat the other. The characters might want to do that.

Rating: I suggest to start with PG-13 or something around that.

Please discuss.

2. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Hey! Neat spin on my idea.

My big caveat would be that we'd need to agree on a basic outline of an overarching plot. Otherwise I think people might get invested in things going the way they'd choose and bog it all down.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I remember the TOR forum tried a similar idea, but the fanfic writers there are too snobby and arrogant to work together [which is why I left the forum], things went off the rails.

I support this idea.

4. Fierceawakening

Awesome! Be fun to write with you. Any thoughts on a plot?

And I do try not to be too arrogant... ;-)

5. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

ill start
    with
    Autobot
    Flatiron (Deceased)
    Refresher
    Fastlane
    Beta Prime
    Sparkcrusher
    Spikestrip
    Gridlock Minor
    Bumblebee
    Zeta Prime
    Sentinel Prime {Deceased}

Decepticons
    Educator
    Skyscream
    Deactivator
    Megatron
    Wrapture
    Blackout
    Vortex
    Barricade
    Soundwave
    Thunderwing
    Brawl
    Bonecrusher
    Demolishor
    ------------------------------
    Refresher
    Nerdy Autobot who lives to critique the autobots battle plans

Fastlane
    Quick talking, quicker-moving Autobot Wrecker (no relation to the Autobot clone fastlane) Believes anything can be defeated through superior tech and weaponry.

Beta Prime
    Prideful, selfish Autobot whose ego is rivaled only by his firepower and speed. Highly decorated, but he is on a collision course to trouble.

Flatiron-Tough, Autobot that thinks before he acts, and attacks with ruthless effiencency. He was killed be Soundwave in the Kaon Prison Complex

Sparkcrusher-Strongest of the Strong, Sparkcrusher is a lumbering Autobot.

Spikestrip- the head of PRESSURE ( Decepticon-detection squadron)which consist of
    Prowl
    RoughJustice
    Enforcer
    Smokey
    Undercover
    Rollerslash
    Ecliop

Gridlock Minor- Autobot Commander
    Zeta Prime-Leader of the Autobots
    Sentinel Prime-2nd in command of the Autobots.

------------------------------
    Decepticon
    Educator
    Decepticon who teaches recruits to fight

Skyscream
    Extremely powerful Decepticon Sky Commander. Few who hear his Warcry survive to tell the tale. That is how he got his name.

Deactivator- Decepticon scout with more powerful weaponry than a normal scout. Excells with computers

Megatron-Leader of the Decepticons

Wrapture- Decepticon (octopus looking) that ensnares the Autobot prey in its claws attached to its long and numerous arms

Blackout- Megatrons ruthless Chief Officer. Blackout will chase the enemy down, rip them to shreds, and send the scraps to megatron as a present

Vortex-possesses a weapon that warps Autobots into Blackholes and Suns

Barricade-BRIBE leader
    Rushhour
    Investigator
    Berator
    Entraper

Soundwave-Tough and calculated, he uses Stats all the time and his army of helper robots to fight Autobots
    Thunderwing-Fabled decepticon killing machine. Said to have fought off Omega Supreme and Metroplex PLUS all the Autobot Army.

Just didn't feel like going through them heh heh :eek: 

6. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

Shockwave should be the only leader of the CONS not Megatron or Starscream.Soundwave should be trying to revive Megs.The Earth should be ruled by CONS with a few BOT/Human rebals I'll write for Shockwave and Hotshot.

7. Christiankid7

Bribe and Pressure should go to war with each other, am I right?

8. Overlord Balder

Arce101 had a good idea for a plot: Decepticons rulling over Earth while Autobots act as rebels trying to take them down, I think we could have a pretty interesting fanfic from there.

I imagine Barricade serving as a REAL Police officer on that fanfic, hunting down Autobots ["To Punish and enslave"].

I like this idea, Earth completely dominated by Decepticons and Autobots as rebels trying to bring down the system.

Members of the cast I'd like to introduce:

Overlord.
    - Leader of the Autobot Prison Garrus-9 [Set on the place previously known as New York, perhaps?], where Optimus Prime is being held. A ruthless Decepticon worried only with bringing terror, death and destruction to every single thing in his path, worried only with bringing the slaughter to the next level.

Skywound [fan character of mine].
    - A Cultured, educated and mannered Decepticon who talks in a overly convoluted way, efficient, deadly and loyal to Shockwave and Shockwave only. He holds no grudge against the Autobots nor pleasure in his actions, he simply executes them because those are his orders, yet he feels no regret on executing them.

So, what do you guys think about 101's idea and my characters?

9. Christiankid7

interesting Balder,
    in fact I think Ill cut down my characters as well to PRESSURE AND BRIBE as well as
    2 cons and 2 bots
    Decepticon
    Educator
    Decepticon who teaches recruits to fight

Skyscream
    Extremely powerful Decepticon Sky Commander. Few who hear his Warcry survive to tell the tale. That is how he got his name

Beta Prime and Gridlock Minor

10. Irony

Irony fangirl

I like the basic situation very much. The plot can start with simply Bots trying to survive while D'cons want them dead, and let's see where it would evolve.

As for characters, I don't think too many of them would be good to start with. Their numbers can grow in time but first let's get familiar with a few of them. Very few.

I want a "private" character called Weapon. His size would be half of an average gestalt (= bigger than most robots), colours mostly bronze with a slight dark blue at the joints. (The colour you cannot find on figures because they all died of GPS long ago.) He is currently keeping a distance from the events, would be introduced as the story goes on (= I don't want him in the starting round) and he doesn't like to / want to interfere but when he does so, he's siding with the Autobots. Backstory is ready in my mind.

I have two characters in mind whom I want to interact often, it would be nice to keep one as my private character and the other could be adopted by somebody here.
    This would be an Autobot - human duo, the Autobot (I don't have a name yet) was beaten and left for dead. Maybe he/she escaped from a D'con prison but was too wounded to make it to the Autobot headquarters. The human found him/her in alt mode as a beaten vehicle, and did some repairs. He/She only realised during the repairs that he/she was hiding an Autobot from the D'con authorities. Otherwise he/she doesn't seeek trouble with Cons but has a special gun for self-protection just to be safe (details of the gun would be revealed during the story).
    If I get the human, it would be a young woman who has a silly habit of trying to repair whatever she finds broken. (Yes that's me, buying broken TFs from the local auction site only to repair them because I cannot resist.) If I get the Autobot, it would be a relatively young mech, not experienced enough in battle although he has already seen more fights than he would have wanted to.
    The human could be related to Chip Chase or at least refer to a wheelchaired "Uncle Chase".

I need a co-writer for this duo.

11. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

cool.glad somebody noticed my idea.here's all the autobots i'd like to see.
    optimus(as OB said)
    hotshot(young rebal)
    first aid
    springer
    jazz
    elita 1

12. Irony

Irony fangirl

Great.
    Who wants the starting post?

13. Overlord Balder

I say the starting post should be Fierce's, as she makes excellent short stories, she could get the whole plot [Decepticons on Earth, Autobots as rebels] and introduce all [or most] of the characters in one chapter better than any other of us.

But we still need to set up a lot of things here, like the definitive cast, the location, main leads, main villains...

14. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    I wanted to let you guys know, that once you get running, if you ever want to have a universe crossover between my collab group's Unitedverse, and whatever your group's ends up being, we're game.

15. Irony

Irony fangirl

Fine!

Well, I don't know Unitedverse but maybe if this (how shall we call it? Collabverse?) gets running we could have a crossover spinoff.

I like the idea to give Fierce the first post, it was her idea in the first place :)  But the only way to find out who the true (main) characters will be is to see them in action.

16. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
  17. Irony

Irony fangirl

Oh, thank you!

From experience, it would be convenient to have some chat or MSN or something set up for real-time discussions. IRC maybe?

18. Overlord Balder

Okay, let's set up the Cast.

Let's start with the bad guys:

Main Villain:

Lord Shockwave.
    - Leader of the Decepticons on Earth [while Megetron reigns on Cybertron and Soundwave and Starscream conquers the Universe out there], merciless and LOGIC, a man of few words.
    Design: DOTM-esque.

The things would then split in three sub-factions [like a country]: The Decepticon Air Forces, The Decepticon Police Force, The Decepticon Army, The Decepticon Marine Corps.

Second-in-command Skywound [aforementioned character of mine].
    - Right-hand-man to Shockwave on Earth and leader of the Decepticon Air Forces, already described.
    On comparision, this guy is the Secretary of Defense of Decepticon-Earth.

Chief Officer Barricade.
    - Leader of the Police force of the Decepticons, charged with the task of fiding the Autobot rebels and destroying them, a merciless, cruel thug with no regards for his men, dedicated to finish his mission.
    Movie-esque.
    On another comparision, this guy is the Badass Detective who keeps searching for the rogue heroes on every corner of the plot.

High General Brawl.
    - Highest-ranking General of the Decepticon Army, a merciless brute who leads the massive Decepticon army in battle, a lover of warfare but is a bit dumb, must be said.
    This guy would appear more rarely, as he is a General of the army, like in real-life, he would only appear in massive battles or in military reunions.
    WFC-esque.

Grand Admiral Shipwrecked [fan-character of mine].
    - Admiral of the Marine Forces, transforms into a giant massive Cybertronian warship [A Cybertronian version of this, basically replace the wood by rusted metal, the cloth on the mast stays like that, it works exactly like the flying dutchman: It submerges then emerges and obliterates everything on his path].
    He is very cruel and wicked, and is extremely interested in Pirate Lore [using Pirate vocabulary of course], a bit crazy, but a brillant tatician and loyal to Shockwave.

Secondary villains:

Skyscream.
    - Kid7's character, Skywound's thug.

Thundercracker and Skywarp.
    WFC-Like, thugs of Skywound as hell.

Colonel Bonecrusher.
    - He HATES. and is brutal as hell. Brawl's thug. talks in a savage and ferocious tone, for such, he is extremely hard to compreend.
    He is basically Brawl's pet, only that he talks. AND HATES.

The Dreads.
    - Barricade's thugs, movie-esque.

So, agreed, disagreed? Other suggestions?

19. Fierceawakening

I'm a bit busy this week, so I don't know how deep into detail I should try to get, but I really like this. That would make for a seriously badass 'Cade. And some awesome scrappy-survivor 'Bots, too.

20. Overlord Balder

It's okay, we're still deciding the cast and who will write what so you have time.