Coleco Sectaurs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by TM2 D-bot, Nov 24, 2009.

1. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw two old threads by Devastator001. Does someone here collect these? I had some when I was younger, and just picked up a lot on Ebay which I may need help identifying. I think the names are (top row left to right): Spiderfly, Dragonflyer, and Trancula. Next row: Prince Dargon, Mantor, Pinsor, Zak, Night-Fighting Dargon, General Spidrax, and Waspax. The nex insects I know who theyare, butwho is the lone guy towards the right?

Also did I correctly identify them or what good website is their around for more info about them?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      137.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Here you go:

Top:
    Spiderflyer, Dragonflyer, Trancula

Middle:
    Night Fighting Prince Dargon (goes with Parafly), Zak (goes with Bitor), Skito (goes with Toxcid), Weapons Expert Pinsor, Warrior Prince Dargon (goes with Dragonflyer), Skulk (goes with Trancula), Commander Waspax (goes with Wingid)

Bottom:
    Wingid, Parafly, Bitor, Mantor

Bottom Bottom:

Toxcid

Weapons: Gold gun with two handles goes to Zak and should have a black strap (maybe the black ring in your picture, or this could also be the strap for Dargon's Trinoculars which you don't have), grey pistol near that one is a Vengun Pistol for Spidrax, top shield is a shield for Waspax, bottom shield is a shield for Skito.

Sword in middle row goes with Waspax, the sword in the next row goes to Skito.

I can't tell what's else is in the picture, if anything, but that's what I see. I know some of them are supposed to have rubber harnesses/bandoliers/chest straps a la Chewbacca (I think there is one on one of your guys but it is too small for me to tell whose it is). There are a bunch of other accessories/weapons that you need as well as some missing wings (they usually are broken off), etc. Odd stuff to find.

If you have ever seen the playset, The Sectaurs Hive is HUGE! Like 3 feet tall huge, I think it was easily the biggest playset besides the GI Joe Flagg & Defiant.

Sectaurs : Warriors of Symbion, Toys / Action Figures of the 80s

Duke Nostalgia's Sectaurs Page

Sectaurs

Also, some of the sites like Super Toy Archive have them in their old store pages, as well as other sites that are dealer's sites/webstores, not all of the guys are listed though the pics are usually big. Google Sectaurs or Sectaurs toys and you should be good.

WARNING: The link below goes directly to pics of the toys but if you google and go to the main website there is some very mild cartoon nudity, mainly small images of topless cartoon girls used on some areas of his pages, in case you have kids around, etc.

Great Pics of Unproduced Second Series Sectaurs: Sectaurs Pre-Production

3. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

There seems to be a good bit of info on them at Virtual Toy Chest. Looks like you got the giant glove insects correct (except that it's Spiderflyer)

Looks like the top row of figures is: Dargon, Zak, Skito, Pinsor, Night-vision Dargon, Skulk, and Waspax.

The one on the bottom right is Mantor.

4. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thx to both :D  I'll be checking out the sites to see what items, nets, and harnesses I'm missing.

I'd love to get my hand on a Hyve but have not seen one yet for sale :(  Do you guys also collect?

5. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thx to both :D  I'll be checking out the sites to see what items, nets, and harnesses I'm missing.

I'd love to get my hand on a Hyve but have not seen one yet for sale :(  Do you guys also collect?

6. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

No, I just happen to have a few figures I got when picking up TFs. I actually did that research for you because I was thrilled to see someone mention them. Too odd for me to collect - I definitely have some obscure/forgotten 80's toys but Sectaurs would drive me nuts, like Crystar, or Rambo, because they just don't show up where I am, plus I feel some of the stuff looks too generic to say "hey I need that piece", etc.

I would buy a Hive in a heartbeat if it was cheap just to say I had one.

A friend of mine has one of the guys with one of the glove bugs, I think it's Battle Beetle, but I think it comes with Dargon which is the wrong figure. I don't know if anything else was with it, I am going to say I don't think so, it was definitely played with but not bad and I think it was like $15 with tax. If you want it I can pick it up for you.

7. TM2 D-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll get back to you on that one, since I picked up the whole lot for only 30 bucks shipped :D  BTW their was a Crystar lot ending earlier on Ebay, I was so tempted butpicked these up instead. Not planning to really complete them but at least to put them on display :) 

Thanks again for all the help.