Cold Turkey'in Comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Apr 6, 2009.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So i was looking to do the slowly buy less and less comics (got it down to about 25% less than what i was buying beginning of the year) but after seeing my first school loan bills, seeing how much i would be paying each month...i had to do it...and i did, cold turkey style.

to close out my box, i had to buy all the comics that were in it at the time...so last weeks haul was my last...

its sad that i wont get to read some of my favorite titles anymore (Fables, Jack of Fables, House of Mystery, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern Corp)...

but hey, that's one more i can check off the New Year's Resolution list (Buy less comics)...and i look forward to being spoiled every so often here on whats going on :) 

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Good luck with that. When my comic guy suddenly disappeared without explanation, I switched to online before quiting cold turkey. Its the next step though.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had to quit cold turkey when I had my first kid. First couple of months are the challenge. As you get farther behind it gets less tempting to want to go pick them up. Since then I caught up on my transformers stuff. I tried to go back to DC and Marvel but it seams like once you stop for awhile you realize how unexciting some of the series you were reading were. Every once in awhile I check the torrents and scans out there to see if there's anything I want to pick up and I never find anything

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting close to dropping monthly comics completely, with my monthly haul consisting of just Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps (and Legion of Three Worlds, on the rare occasion it comes out). With the price of monthly comics at the Big 2 either at $3.99 or going there soon, for ~10 minutes worth of reading, the hobby's just too expensive to be sustainable for me. Plus, I'm not thrilled with the editorial direction at either Marvel or Silver Age Comics right now. I'll stick around until Blackest Night ends, but then I'm dropping GL and GLC and calling it quits. If the Cyborg Superman does anything interesting post-Blackest Night, I'll pick it up in trades.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I quit for about 4 years after high school.

It's tough finding back issues. Now I only buyabout 5 titles a month (and THOSE are expensive), but I find other means to read everything I want.