Code Lyoko gets some novels

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Malunis_T, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a discussion for Code Lyoko fans, so if any are out there, do discuss. :>

So, I've heard today Code Lyoko is getting some novels. As the topic title says. What's this gonna be about? I lost the link to the site that provided info, but here's what I remember;

- The writing is done by a famous writer, it seems. Not a name I recognize, so it might as well be considered non-canon.
    - Is it a retelling or continuation? Judging by the profiles and image provided, it's likely a retelling. I hardly see room for continuation in the shows ending.
    - While it listed everyone we know so far, it adds in a new group called "The Green Phoenix", who are some sort of terrorist group who want the supercomputer for their own needs.
    - There are four prepared releases so far.
    - The release dates are unusual; For '09, one in March, then one in September. Then the releases for '10 are basically the same. Perhaps these are just estimates.

Oh, and here's an image.
    [​IMG]
    Say what you will, but I kinda like it. It's better than a recycled piece of official artwork, at least.

So, what do you CL fans think? Good news for the series, or a bad idea waiting to happen? As a long-time fan, I've got the impression it might not work out, but if this writer is famous (indirectly meaning they are GOOD), I'd like to see where it goes.

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Wait, Code Lyoko has fans?! I am flabbergasted!

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

No no no

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's actually a lot of fans, hundreds. It's just that they're usually... well, at Code Lyoko forums. =P

5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The artwork sample is not bad. It's better than the freakishly huge foreheads that the characters have in the TV series.