Code Geass

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vladakris, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I loved the anime to death, and I actually started to like it more than transformers, and am cutting off more than half of my spending on the movie figures to get some of these.

Im thinking of getting The Shinkirou, Guren Kashoshiki, and the Gawain.... I want the Zangetsu too, but in not sure on getting it or not. How are these figures, the quality and such. The Guren Seiten is probably my favorite but I havent found a figure of it. Then line is robot spirits.

So who collects them? How are they? Sorry if there is another thread but I couldnt seem to find it.

Also where is a good place to buy these and get a decent price. I found Guren Kashoshiki for 24 usd and the Gawain for 45 usd, along with the Shinkirou for another 40 in usd.

2. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Heard of the anime. I don't really know where to get the figures, though.

3. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

I'm not reposting my pictures, but I have a lot actually, I just recently got Gawain, Guren Flight Type, Glasgow, Burai-Zero

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/192315-code-geass-guren-mk-2-a.html

that's the thread of my first few, there's some pics of Gawain in the Gundam thread...

I'm waiting till the tristan is released before mass-ordering some more again. Seems they're going to be releasing the updated KnightMares this summer also...

4. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Thanks! Ive yet to see a prototype of the Guren Seiten. Which I want badly. The Tristan also looks really nice, along with the Zangetsu.

5. Omega Supreme V

They're releasing the Gekkai's and Akatsuki MassProd type later this year.

but I have three versions of the Guren, it's a really awesome mech. I don't know which Zangetsu I'll be getting though, the Akatsuki or the Gekkai ver. I can't tell the differences.

I'll take a picture of the ones I have out eventually though.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Have to say as much as I love the anime I'm not the biggest fan of the mech designs, nor am I a fan of model kits which like Gundam Code Geass toys are mostly made up of.

But if your looking at getting toys for this I would probably look into the model kits if Gundam is any indication.

7. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Hum I dunno, All the ones ive seen are actuall figures. Ive only seen three models kits, one of the guren, lancelot, and vincent.

All the others have a figure in the action off shoot, and robot spirits line.

Witch a large part of the Knightmare Frames have one.

I personally prefer the Code Geass Designs to Gundam, but prefer Gundam to Transformers kinda like

Code Geass<Gundam<Transformers

Ive been a fan of transformers for a while but im really starting to think there losing there apeal to me personally....

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I would save for the figures but I know that I'd lose interest in them and regret not getting something else

9. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:

Hlj.com is a good place to buy the In Action!! Offshoot line. I've come pretty close to buying the Gurren and the Lancelot.

Are you really losing your faith in Transformers for a fourty episode anime? No offense.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The anime was okay and I enjoyed it and all but it was really generic. Nothing stood out different than all the other animes that focus on character/mecha designs over story

11. Omega Supreme V

I haven't liked Transformers since Car Robots...Beast Wars was kind of a stretch for me..

but I do like the SRW, Code Geass, Gundam.

12. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I love Code Geass,I havnt seen any toys though.Got a link or something?

Lelouch is soooooo badass.

13. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

As for Transformers I find it boring, and seriously havent liked it sense Beast Wars. ANimated is alright but I dont care for it much. Its not offering much but the movie. I thought Code Geass was an amazing series probably one of my favorite, toping Death Note and such. Ive watched other Mecha Anime and they arent that interesting. I tried Evangelion, and it was alright, but it didnt keep me hooked.

Anyways I think Im going for the ones I mentioned in my first post. Ive also decided to try my hand at a model, so im going to purchase the Vincent Commander, then paint it to make it more accurate.

Its actually 50 episodes......

14. Omega Supreme V

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not pictured are my Glasgow, and you can see in the last picture part of the box of the Megahouse Guren Metallic Color. I have Tristan, Shinkirou, Zangetsu{akatsuki ver.} & Lancelot Albion on pre-order though..

15. Omega Supreme V

Found a better picture with Guren Flight Type, Gawain, and Cerberus from SRW

[​IMG]

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I don't mind to bump up this thread but I don't wish to start a new thread. I just picked up the Robot Damashii Lancelot Albion and I am impressed by the figure and here are my questions as I have yet to watch the anime:

i) what are the enemy grunts for season 1 and 2?
    ii) are the off-shoot in action figures the same scale with the Robot Damashii ones?

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Britania has the Gloucester and Sutherland units. Zero's mooks are the Burai.

In the second season, Gloucesters and Sutherlands are still in use, but they also add the Vincent, which is a mass-produced version of the Lancelot. Zero upgrades his Burai to the flight-equipped Akatsuki units.

ii) are the off-shoot in action figures the same scale with the Robot Damashii ones?[/QUOTE]

Close enough. In the pic above, you can see the RD Guren Flight Type next to the MSIA Guren. The MSIA is a touch bigger, but not by much.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thank you so much for the reply! Now I know what to hunt for! Would you know how many mecha make up a squad? For example, in the Gundam series, 3 Zaku IIs would comprise a squad. I might army build some of them.

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't remember Code Geass having consistent squad sizes. Three should be comfortable. There's also a customized Gloucester for Princess Cornelia, which has a gold lance and a white cape, and a more knight-like helmet design.

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks, man! I will be checking out the figure you mentioned! :D