Code Geass

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EvaUnit13, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

people skills are overrated when you can manipulate them so well...

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    This show is just getting ridicilous...Damnit, I hope the final episode will at least be worth it. :( 

3. Omega Supreme V

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

That was a good ending. Better than I expected

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Im not sure, It was a weird ending. Im waiting til subs , luluche usesa kind of japanese is hard for me to understand

My complains are spoilery

we never got to know why Susaku was so Hax(he fraking dodged bullets from a knigthmare)-Ill admit him doning the zero custome was fitting-Nunally s Knigth Susaku kurugi just as Luluche's planned in R1.
    We never hear CC name
    Luluche ultimate fate is quite weird, Im not really that happy with it I would have been ok with Luluche answering CC in the end from world of C, or from the carriage , then I would be SUPER ok with it.
    How Nunally read Luluche's mind?
    and Nobody ever figured Lulu.

thats all my complains- Ok I could have lived with Ougi, dead.

Im sure I can make tristan twin turbo and Lancelot albion into a decent gundam :p  when their models eventually get here....

6. Omega Supreme V

...nobody dies...would've been nice to see how they all managed to pull that out
    but I thought it was a good ending...

and thank you, now I don't have the subliminal urge to order pizza everytime I watch the freakin show anymore haha ;-/

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Am I reading that right? Gawain is an Offshoot in Action, not a Soul of Robot as HLJ previously listed? I'm not surprised in the slightest, half of the OSIA have been listed incorrectly up until now.

Update: Thoughts on the finale:

- Well, I totally called it. Boo at Sunrise for recycling the EXACT same plot concept as the first season of Gundam 00, although I liked the execution. Especially when
    "Zero" showed up and killed Lelouch
    , that was handled extremely well with the music and the cuts showing him fall in slow motion.
    - Kallen and Suzuku's last fight was awesome, though I kinda wish it had been a little longer.
    - Dangling plot threads. Why did Cornelia, Guilford, Sayako and the rest come back from the dead when they had nothing to do after coming back? Especially Sayako, her only reason was to explain how Nunally could have survived? Why not just use some random grunt of Schneizel's who Lelouch Geassed to explain away the answer instead?
    - For that matter, what about the other side plots? Xing Ke was suffering from some terminal illness, but it was never addressed. Did Todo ever learn how that other woman felt about him? What is C.C.'s real name? ETC.
    - The upgraded mecha seemed pretty superfluous, too. Guren SEITEN was used all of twice, when the original sky type would have done the job. Why did Tristan get an upgrade only to have it defeated right away? Gino should have just been put in a generic Knightmare or even if Xing Ke had died earlier on (as originally hinted), he could have flown the Shen Hu. Even the Lancelot Albion didn't add much to the plot though I can forgive that one.

Final series thoughts:

- Well, it's been a wild ride. The first season was amazing, the second season has many good moments, but the later episodes spoiled it. I was hoping the finale would redeem them, and it did, but just not enough. Hanging plot threads annoy me, I don't want everything explained but when you make such a big deal over things like C.C.'s name or Xing Ke's illness, I'd expect some sort of payoff.
    - The mecha designs were awesome. I think some of the later ones were over the top, though - the Knights of Rounds were way overpowered, which is to be expected since they're meant to be the best, but they seemed almost like Super Robots intruding on a Real Robot world. Still, cool designs, and nice to see some pilots with proper custom units, something the first season lacked other than Cornelia's Glouster, Kallen's Guren and Suzuku's Lancelot.
    - Plot twists - Geass was always good at throwing in a twist or three. I enjoyed the way things were executed, such as the first season's Euphie Geassing, which turned the situation on its head. Looking back, those dropped out a bit after Rolo died and Lelouch took down the Emperor. Maybe that is why the last episodes seemed to be less impressive. Fewer of the twists that made the series so enjoyable.

At any rate, I've enjoyed following this series every week. Not without its flaws, but it's been a lot of fun, which is what really matters to me. I'm going to miss sitting down to it on Sundays / Mondays. An OVA would be cool, telling Geass R2 as it was originally intended by it's creator, but I won't lose any sleep if this is it.

If this post comes over as overly negative of the ending, well, I'm being critical. There's a lot of good in this series and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to watch something in the same vein as Gundam, political maneuvering / mind games with awesome mecha battles. In fact I still think even with the last episodes this is a cut above the grand majority of anime I have watched, and probably one of the best in it's genre of mecha anime shows.

All Hail Britannia!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  8. Omega Supreme V

well, yeah, though technically they're getting rid of the line and calling it Robot Damashii now...at least I think that's it...anyhow, it shall be mine come the new year! haha

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, rebranding. Well, as long as the R2 mecha are still in the works then it's fine by me.

Also, really impressed Gawain is at an accurate size. I always figured he'd be done as a non-scale thing. Only thing is, where the devil will I put him?

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I echo Sol Fury's feelings on the finale, but I'll still that admit that it made me cry when the Requim of Zero was carried out, and Nunally put all the puzzlepieces in their place.:( 

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I'm still confused how

SPOILERS

Suzaku survived the Lancelot's explosion, it doesn't have an ejection seat and I don't think there would be a way for him to get out in time, even with the Geass

12. Omega Supreme V

the original Lancelot didn't have an ejection seat, this is Lancelot MK.2 ...or three...or something... maybe they finally did put one in?

or another way to eject the control unit...IDK..

13. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it is Suzaku after all, the man dodges bullets for Pete's sake! He got out somehow.

14. Omega Supreme V

Did Cartoon Network air the dub Last Saturday? it's on too late for me to stay up and watch...

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
  16. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

have you seen animesuki, Ra88?
    EVERYONE is having similar theories. heck there was arguments somewhere about is he dead or alive.

even on random curiosity omni is conflicted about wether luluche is alive.

my take? sunrise made it so if they wanted, bring back lulu also in order to not piss off the audience made an open ended take so YOU CAN HAVE THE ENDING you want for lulu.

that being said I think he is alive because of well I think of it as the most closure for me. with two immmortals RR an AND CC roaming earth

in the end it wasnt much of a trainwreck....it was a car wreck. smaller scale entratining to watch , and interesting. I like geass , granted I think Geass lost SOMETHING on its transition to r2 and that will be one of my never ending critiques, nevertheless it entertained me and that is something I value a lot .
    The last 5 episodes made me laugh more than anything. but I think of it as AT LEAST a very decent series. Its entretainment and thats all I can ask

I will recomend it. granted Ill stay mostly critical but Ill never deny that geass entretained me, it will have a big stand on my mecha shows.

All hail Luluche's.....hat

that being said.....
    bring on GUNDAM 00 s2!

ALL HAIL CELESTIAL BEINGS!

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The explosion was the size of like a building, but the show has had it's WTF survivals in the past anyways...

I think people think too much into these questions in animes, just leave it be

18. Omega Supreme V

yeah, though part of me wants to believe that they'll continue it...somewhere along the lines of Bleach...just halfed...cause, well, Bleach is long haha

19. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

20. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anime|otaku Blog Archive Code Geass R2 - 25: So is Lelouch dead or not?

I gotta agree with him having watched the end before reading that. Too much doesn't make sense if he's not alive. And what purpose would there be to showing the driver up close like that but not showing his face...from years of anime experience that mainly occurs when it's a major character that people thought were dead (think of the Gundam 00 season 1 ending by the same company).

So I guess this means that one tried and true anime concept is forever altered b/c up to this point, if you didn't see someone die then they could return (like Suzaku), but if you did see someone die, then they were gone. But now, even if you see someone die they aren't necessarily dead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.