Code Geass

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EvaUnit13, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Anyone else a fan of the show? I just started watching it on YouTube and it's awesome so far. I've seen lots of the Japanese episodes, all of the R2 episodes, and have been keeping up with the English dub on YouTube since I don't have cable(might go over to my friend's house to watch this week's, though). What are your thoughts on it? Suzaku's an ass, but it's nice to see the(primarily) antagonist character/side have the better machine, unlike most animes(*coughgundamwingcough*)

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

....I actually sympathize with Susaku, Specially since in this story the lines of rigth and wrong are PRETY blurry . Heck I think is somewhat justified from his part all he has done.

That Being Said I like Lulu a lot. but mostly because his antics...If I were to lead a rebelion I would do it like that if I could.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

You can also keep up with the dub on Adultswim.com, but they just have one episode up per week.

That said, good show. I didn't start watching it until a few months back, mostly because the Clamp designs threw me off. Once I gave it a shot I was glad I did. Lots of fun and silliness. Plus lots of crazy back-stabbing plot twists.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The twists make the show. It's always awesome when it looks like everything will work out, then some insane twist comes along to throw everything out (see - episode 22).
    I also like the way everything is a shade of gray in this series, as well as the different take on mecha. They're more like walking tanks. Well, except the elite units, but they're the coolest part right now.

Easily my favourite anime on right now.

5. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I've just started to watch this show and really like the Knightmare's... I think it's hilarious that the cat {andrew?} keeps biting susaku and like the story so far, I'm on episode 10 of the dubs and I suppose, after 17, will go to the subs as the rest aren't in english IIRC.

sorry for bumping, but I like it better then starting off another topic :( 

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    BIG fan of this show, loved almost every episode. :rock  Pity it's almost at it's end, but the finale promises to be spectacular.

Indeed. That one had me completely and utterly shocked; NEVER saw it coming.

Ayup. Hell, when you think about it, Suzaku is the hero and Lulouch the villian with all he has done.

7. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

I have been watching the show, and I enjoy it a lot. The themes of right and wrong feel very reminiscent of Death Note, only Lelouch has some redeeming factors, like compassion and lack of a god complex. I also enjoy the Arthurian references here, and am curious to see if they go much further with them. Cant wait to see where all the plot threads lead to.

8. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I've been watching this show. I dunno if I like it as much as other animes, but I do think it's cool. This is also the closest so far to a Battletech/MechWarrior anime I'm going to get.

There's the Battletech cartoon... yeah, it was okay but it was never finished.

Reason why I compare it to Battletech is not because of the mechs, but because of the style of politics involved. In Code Geass the mech pilots are knights, in Battletech, depending on faction, MechWarrior are knights and also samuari. You also have an exiled prince that's doing an uprising in CG. I cant think of any direct examples in MechWarrior, but that would be a thing that would happen in the MechWarrior universe (I think it would be a House Davion thing).

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just saw R2 episode 18....Holy shit at the ending....:eek: 

10. Omega Supreme V

it's funny you mention Death Note with this, I thought of a similar idea myself. and I just finished watching Death Note before I started Code Geass haha

11. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You Americans are lucky, not only are you guys getting Gundam 00, Gurren Laggan, and Code Geass. Code Geass R2 will start airing on [Adult Swim] right after the first season ends in October, and us people in Canada have nothing, and because Bandai failed on their DVD printings not many stores have the first set/discs in stock.

12. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

I know! Stupid Nina and her FLEIA... hope she gets what's coming to her soon...

Also that part with Guilford was very sad, poor guy never got to actualy see Cornelia again.

13. Wing alpha

the idea of nukes here is quite entretaining though.

geass is quite simply one of the best shows I have seen, granted r2 hasnt keept me as entretained as r1 did. that being said whoever is making the mechanical designs needs a medal.

14. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ending to the first season annoyed me so much I dropped the series.

15. Omega Supreme V

I was disappointed at the ending of Season 1 as well, but it left an opening to another season, which I'm glad happened, it sets up well IMO

and I love the mech designs for these.. shame there's no physical model for the ones I like besides the Guren,

and I hope Nina dies soon just because

& I just read a spoiler on wikipedia and that just sucks I liked Shirley :( 

16. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I think they air on Saturday since the fansubs are usually up on Sunday.

17. Wing alpha

sunday 5 in the morning.

by 12 random curiosity has caps by one usually a 1 sumary gg/eclipse fansub by 9 or 10 pm

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The premise for this show sounds interesting and I've been meaning to check out some episodes on AdultSwim.com or other sites somewhere along the line. It's definitely on my list of stuff to pick up on DVD when they release a series boxset which, assuming the usual rate of anime DVD releases, probably won't be for several more years.

19. Omega Supreme V

wow, you're on top of things, thanks a lot haha

20. buzzgal

buzzgal Banned

code geass is pretty much one of the greatest animes of all time

seriously, how is a traitorous ben franklin not awesome :lol 

it is right up there with tengen toppa gurren lagann and the other greats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.