Code Geass Questions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bugmenot, May 11, 2007.

1. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

What's the deal with orange-kun?? Is that supposed to be some kind of racial remark?

Also WTF is with episode 14? I didn't even know girls did that in real life! Nevermind to a scrapbook photo of Euphy!

2. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    The orange thing was made-up by Zero as a supposed slur - it had no actual relevance to anything he did.

(I doubt that it would relate to the Orange Order, or to some sort of involvement in the Orange Free State in South Africa.)

But since Zero called him this on live TV, everyone referred to him as Orange.

And wasn't that 'other' scene in episode 12?

Gary

3. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It was episode 12, my bad.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I take it you're half way through the show, then?
    Believe me, this show gets very, very cool in the next couple of episodes. Without giving too much away, all hell breaks loose, big time.

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Truth.

If only the writers of a future TF series would sit down and watch the likes of Code Geass (especially if they wanted to add the 'Masterforce'-esque use of Pretender shells)...

Gary

6. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I just finished 16, will try to finish the season off tonight or tomorrow.

*SPOILER*

I still don't get how Mao survived. It looked like he was hot shot over 100 times, yet he claims they didn't "shoot to kill". Also how can Lulu use Geass on himself? I thought Geass didn't effect other Geass users.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    ***Spoilers***

Lulu needs a direct, uninterrupted line of sight, and Mao wears a visor, so it disrupts the Geass. Same reason when Lulu wears his helmet he needs to open that little hatch to use the Geass, he can't use it through the mask.

Mao's survival could be put down to the fact that he was shot a hundred times by police officers, who'd only been told to shoot him, and presumably they'd been trained to shoot to wound and apprehend. So forcing them to shoot meant their training when shooting someone would kick in and they'd all aim for non-fatal shots. Yeah there's also blood loss but Mao's a sick guy.

Also, since you're past it now, what did you think of the final resolution of the Shirley / Lulu thing? That was the second saddest moment in the series for me.

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

** Spoilers**

I didn't think he thought it through too well, Yagami Light he is not. All their classmates know they know each other, as does his sister. She'll come across something soon that will connect them together eventually, even if the geass never wears off.