Cockpits

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prowl, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do Cybertronians have Cockpits pre-earth period?

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I always wondered that myself. Maybe they base their alt modes off of vehicles they or other races use for transportation? Though I think it's just something the artists did just to make the link between their cybertronian vehicle modes and their earth modes stronger, pPerhaps even to give more detail to the alternate mode.

They could also have them so organics can ride around in them, maybe Autobots do a lot of rescue missions or something. The Decepticons are vain, they have them so they can show off their leather interiors, gps nav systems and xm radios.

Edit: I was thinking of Comic/Show Cybertronian modes. I don't think any of the WFC designs have "cockpits".

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What cockpits?

All I see are parts that bear a loose resemblance to cockpits, but could totally serve to mask an optical sensor array or perhaps even the robot head.

Unless we actually did see one of their interiors, which I'd want to see.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, my assumption was that the "cockpits" that we think we're seeing in Cybertronian designs are actually not cockpits at all... as Split Lip say, probably just a sensor hub or something, that coincidentally "looks" like a cockpit. ;) 

zmog

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're cockpits.

WFC Silverbolt 2 Widescreen - Silverbolt 2 - TFW2005.COM

Whether there are testicles in there or seats and control sticks is another matter, but the change in color to a color of an airplane window is evident that they are cockpits, and in the Autobots, those are also cockpits.

I think it's what was said before. Maybe in the exploration of the galaxy, the Cybertronians have contacted enough smaller races that they make themselves ready for transports.

Maybe they are for Minicons.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/collecticon/4354758046/in/photostream/

See-through and stuff.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Unless I see a little seat inside, they aren't cockpits.

7. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    A cockpit helps distinguish it being a plane rather than a flying hunk of junk with wings. :p 

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    call 'em what you want. thems be cockpits :p 

9. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

It's where they keep their cocks *rimshot*...*awkward silence*

sorry, couldn't help myself

As far as why they really exist, I think it's so they more closely resemble earth based vehicles which would help sell toys.

I've justified it with the idea that they might need to transport minicons/other crap and that's what their cockpits/interiors are for.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    And how, exactly, do they look like a "hunk of junk with wings" without them?

Because unless you are severely visually impaired, you can plainly tell they are airplanes, even without the "cockpit."

And cockpits are more than just the glass part, you know. That's technically the window. We don't know if they have cockpits because we can't see inside them.

So no, not cockpits.

11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Prime doesn't have one, thus I find his vehicle strange.

12. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Agreed, and the toy could really use more windshield.

13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

thats the sole reason they have cockpits, they realized we have a hard time comprehending them without them. It gives them scale direction and some reference point in an alien design.

14. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

i think the transformers were used by the quintessons as vehicles.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bingo, except the quints were pretty big... depending on your animation error preference.

16. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    Dude, that was a joke. Pump your brakes.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be they created by the Quintessons or manipulated into believing such, the Transformers were Cybertronians before they became the former.

They were forced to fight wars for their Quintesson masters as well as forced into an existence of servitude on/off world, and it’s quite possible they were sold as slaves here and there as well.

Didn’t the Cybertronians develop the ability to Transformers during the Decepticons rise to power? I thought it was the Autobots discovery of Transformation that created the stalemate that continues still.

Their varied alternate modes are so random and many of which don’t even look like they are of the same design. Shockwave being a massive gun is perhaps the oddest alternate mode, as that was his alternate form from the start. Surely Cybertron didn’t have that size lying around. Their ships are different, too, the Autobots and Decepticons.

These different designs and random alternate modes makes me believe they cloned things they saw elsewhere to add to their ability to combat one another. They may not need cockpits, or triggers (Shockwave) in their alternate modes, but if you’re going to replicate something you don’t half ass it, you go all the way, and isn’t that what the Transformers have done?

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Split, you're really really saying that what we're looking at in all of the War for Cybertron/War Within Transformers are not cockpits, rather just variations in color where cockpits would normally be?

I was writing about the reasons why there would be cockpits with the understanding that we all agreed that they WERE cockpits, not to debate whether or not they actually WERE cockpits, lol.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron =/= War Within.

In War Within, they did have cockpits. In WFC, there's no idication those are cockpits, so the discussion of why they could be there is entirely moot unless we know for a fact they are tiny compartments meant for seating smaller beings.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Original quote. I put it in the WFC discussion because we're on topic of pre-earth. "Pre Earth Period" Be it in MTMTE, War Within, or WFC. If they were drawn with cockpits in War Within, you can bet that those are cockpits in WFC. You can use the "If we can't see em' they ain't there," if you want, but you call a HighMoon rep and ask "What's the gold area on the tip of Skywarp's nose cone," and I promise you he'll say, "A cockpit."

Regardless, my question is not moot.

In PRE-EARTH modes, in any pre earth storyline, why do they have cockpits?

Driving the Quints around might be a good reason.