CNN.com gives TFTM thumbs down...trashes/blaims Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moonstreaker, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I understand.

People let other's opinions make up their own opinions too often

I remember once, I had a friend that played this PS2 game...LOVED IT. Later on he read a bad review for it

Suddenly he hated the game

I can't stand shit like that. People should make up their own minds, and if they DON'T like it...no reason to be negative and say all that "it sucks it sucks" bullshit, I'm so tired of that crap

2. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

People give in to peer pressure like that all the time. That's their choice too.

Conversely, the other person's choice is to either get bent out of shape about it and browbeat them on an internet forum or to choose to just shrug it off.

3. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Sounds like the jackass who weasled his way into seeing the movie with one of my other friends and myself tomorrow night. He has been trashing us for last 3 or 4 months for saying we were going to see. Well, he calls up my other friend the other night and actually starts the call by going "wooo hooo...transformerssss." This guy has always been this way and I can't stand him. I'm actually going to see it in the morning before work, so I know this asshole doesn't ruin it for me the first time I see it. The theater I'm seeing it at in the morning has their first showing on Tuesday at 9am and it's on 4 screens all day long!

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I find the last line particularly moronic. '144 minutes of Herbie Goes To War'? Someone's got his movie mixed up.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I know that it's kick ass. That 'reviewer' was clearly on something.

5. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Yep. I enjoyed it a bit more than the reviewer did because I love the Transformers, but if not for the sentimentality, I really would have been annoyed by the second half. Overlong with unresolved plot threads, underdeveloped plot threads, unneccesary characters and poorly concieved characters.

... check out my review (page 2 of the reviews thread) if you really want to see what I think.

6. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Someone said it would be dumb to dislike a movie based on a review. Well it's just as silly to judge a review without having seen the movie. If you remember Herbie and if you saw the movie, the reference (while not the most appropriate critique) makes sense.

What's the point of reading a review if you've already decided you love the movie?