CMs Genesic Gaogaigar thoughts and gallery

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sol Fury, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    First impressions: Man, the box is big! Everything comes nicely packed in two styrofoam trays. The top one has Protect Gao, Broken Gao, Straight Gao, Spiral Gao, Gaigar, the Bolting Driver, and GGGG's forearms. The lower tray has Gadget Gao and the rest of the additional parts. The extra fists and other parts are nicely arranged in their own plastic tray.
    The detail, love and work that has gone into this thing is second to none. Everything in the animation, and I mean everything, is represented here (well, maybe not the Crusher, but let's face it, that'd be impractical). Straight and Spiral Gao are mostly diecast, and have a very nice weight to them. Galeon / Gaigar's lower body is also diecast and feels very sturdy.
    The combination involves a little removal / addition of parts, but by no means a great deal. It's mostly for things that would be insanely hard to pull off in toy form, like the transformation of the shoulders (which both attach to an additional block as opposed to how they transformed in the show). However, the rest is almost exactly like in the animation, which is very impressive.
    Genesic Gaogaigar himself is very imposing. In theory, pretty posable, too, but the legs can't move too far, and he needs to stand in a slightly spread pose. The arms can make a full range of movement, but they tend to get caught on the rest of the body. That said, this is more of a model for display than play, so that's alright. I can forgive it ;) 
    Accessories are cool, and he has them by the bucket load! He's got two sets of hands for Gaigar - open and clenched - and three for Genesic - clenched, left open, right pointing (see, end of Final 6), and Hell & Heaven. Genesic also has a Protect Shade hand. to be fair, I'd have liked an open right hand as well, but it's no big deal. There's also the Bolting Driver and Will Knife, which look very good on the Genesic. Will Knife in particular really looks cool.

Overall, I'd say this is the best version of Genesic out there. He's well proportioned, has all his weapons, and is as show accurate as you can get within reason. If you can afford the asking price he is most certainly worth it.

Now, some pics. You can view the full gallery of 32 pics here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Thx for the review and pics!
    I really want GGGG, but I'm having trouble finding a good deal for him. Any suggestions?

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Glad you're enjoying yours Sol, I know mine's got pride of place in my display!

4. Lord_Zarak

Lord_Zarak Well-Known Member

I have bought it and now i'm waiting...
    I think it's really fantastic... even if the CM's DX is better and bigger....

5. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

it looks awsome , makes me want one if they werent so expensive

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    True, but the new one has more extra's.

I can't remember if you have (Star) GGG or not, but if you do, are there any differences between the two Galeons? I can remember from the DX version that it had more details and much better articulation.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beautiful figure! Looks so over the top yet carries it off very nicely :) 

8. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

The Star GGG should be the same Galeon as in the regular GGG. After all the Star GaoGaiGar upgrade kit or the single set only differs by Stealth Gao 2 and Goldymarg.

Anyway. Genesic is majestic. GaoGaiGar is awesome. =)

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beautiful.

My only complaint is that with smaller companies* making high quality versions of this character, it may reduce the chances of a Masterpiece Gaogaigar from Takara.

Regardless, if Takara should ever choose to give Gaogaigar the Masterpiece treatment, they're going to have their work cut out for them if they expect to surpass this.

Thanks for the great pictures! :thumb 

*CM?, Genesic? - I'm guessing those are company names, I know there has been at least one other version of GGG that was like $600 or something? Don't know enough about non-Takara products to be sure, but wouldn't mind an education on the various GGG toys if anyone's willing to provide.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Genesic is the name of this version of Gaogaigar. It's his "true" form.

CM's Corp is the company that designed this toy, as well as a similar TV Gaogaigar toy, and a -larger- $600 Genesic made of ABS Plastic and Resin.

The $600 Genesic preceded this one, and could be seen as a beta-test, of sorts. It had an anime-accurate shoulder combination, for one (one shoulder is twice as long as the other, and goes through the chest, connecting to the other one inside). However, they changed it to a simpler parts-addition design as the accurate one was way unstable.

Also of note is Studio HalfEye's GaoFighGar (also $600, if you want an assembled + painted one; it's a few hundred less if you buy it as a box of unpainted parts). SHE's design is easily the most superior, as far as complexity goes, but that's their schtick. It has NO parts swapping, with tons and tons of teeeeny flips and folds. The G-crystal on the smaller robot's head actually -extends forward- to become part of the GFG helmet's crest. It's wholly resin construction, with screws to hold everything together. SHE stuff is very cool if complexity and physics defying transformations are your thing, but bear in mind that they always pack a small screwdriver in with their toys. Those things may get floppy and need re-tightening.

Um...hope that helped. :D  Lemme know if there are any gaps.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice! :thumb 

Very spiffy man congrats, that’s a thing of beauty.

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, first off, there are actually three different Gaogaigars. There's Gaogaigar himself, the original from the main show. Gaofighgar appears in the OVA, Gaogaigar Final. He's a completely Earth-built GGG, unlike the original where the core, Galeon / Gaigar, was built by an alien named Cain. Genesic GGG is only seen in the last three episodes of Final, and is the original Galeon, upgraded, with the "Genesic Machines" forming the robot parts.

Okey, now for the rough rundown of the toys. Forgive me, as I may miss the odd garage kit here and there.
    - The original, Takara GGG made in '97.
    - The reissue set with Goldymarg. Same as the original, released 2000-2001.
    - Sonokong's release. Same product as the Takara one.

Then comes the others:
    - numerous model kits. Non transforming, mostly fixed pose jobs.
    - PVC, "Master Action" figures. Like Gundam MSiAs. There were a few of these. Star Gaogaigar, Dividing Driver Gaogaigar, Goldion Hammer Gaogaigar (the former represents a late show upgrade of Gaogaigar, basically the stealth bomber got massive orbital engines attached to it, the latter are versions of Gaogaigar with his different weapons). Later, the Master Action line put out three others, Gaofighgar, Genesic Gaogaigar and Genetic Gaogaigar. Genesic = Genetic here, one is a version with the wings closed, the other with the wings open.
    - Gaofighgar got a transforming toy eventually. Studio Half Eye made a very expensive one, essentially a garage kit. There was also a more widely available one, but that one required you to totally disassemble and reassemble for the combined form.
    - Max Factory made diecast, non transforming figures of all three versions of Gaogaigar. They're pretty nice, and very poseable from what I have seen.

Then we come up to the CMs Corporation ones. Initially, they made the original Gaogaigar, which was a more detailed version of the original, but with more parts as well. They later made an upgrade set which gave their GGG Goldymarg / Goldion Hammer, plus extra parts to make Star Gaogaigar.
    CMs also made a much more expensive version of this one, Genesic Gaogaigar. It came with fewer parts though and much less diecast. Then of course they made this one, smaller but way more affordable.

For the future, CMs have shown off some prototypes of their next releases, Gaofighgar, the Dimension Pliers (a long neglected upgrade of the original GGG), and a mysterious "Mechanoid Gaigo", which apparently combines with the original Gao Machines into something vaguely like Star Gaogaigar. No clue what he is, but the name "Z project" is also mentioned in the article. You can see it over at www.zincpanic.com.

I don't have CMs other GGG, unfortunately, but I guess I ought to have mentioned this anyway. The Galeon in this set is based on the other Galeon. The hips are a slightly different design, I'm guessing, as the original never had those booster wing pieces. But, this Galeon can be combined with the Gao Machines that came with CMs first GGG, or the Genesic Machines can combine with the other Galeon. You can even mix and match parts. I haven't got the other one to try it, but it is mentioned at the end of the instruction manual. I'm guessing this means GFG, when CMs release theirs, will also be interchangeable.

13. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I SOOOOOO can't wait for my local import shop to get this sucker in!!!
    It's going to look SO good next to my CM Star GGG w/ Goldion Hammer and my King J-Der on my desk!

I should have it in a few weeks :D 

-Shifty

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are some pretty wicked looking figs!:thumb 

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wait a second...Mechanoid Gaigo, wasn't that the Zonder that stole GaoGaiGar's spare set of Gao Machines, and then battled him in the harbor of G-Island? I believe this happened somewhere between episode 15-20. I have to see a pic of the new Mechanoid Gaigo to be sure, though...

16. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    http://toysdaily.com/teacher/23_01_2.jpg

There's a blacked out pic in the bottom right of Gaigo. Only catch is, he's combined with Star Gaogaigar, so that'd be out of continuity. But you raise an interesting point, perhaps the Z Project merely refers to the fact he's Zondar.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looks like the gold-plated DVD version of Yujin's Gaofighgar. (All three GGG versions go gold when doing their final attack. Not to be confused with the glowing orange of their ultimate forms)

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Nope, isn't that Zonder (it had a more similiar build to GGG)...But I know almost for a fact that it is a Zonder, simply because of that name. The most annoying thing is that I remember that shape, but I can't remember who it belongs to... :banghead: 

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm one very happy bunny to see CM's going so far as to make the pliers.
    Given their obsession with GGG and the fact that they're very nearly out of GxG varients they must be ready to do some support characters in the near future.