CM's Corp Gutto Kuru Minerva (Minelba)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GogDog, Jun 30, 2012.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I think she's pretty cool. She can be a bit fiddly to get to pose, and her hands pop off very easily, but overall, its a well done figure. Like the Gutto Kuru Noriko Takaya from GunBuster that I have (pictured below), the joints are well hidden for having such mobility. This line makes a strong effort to maintain sculpt while adding as much articulation as possible. Early in hand pics showed her having a very long neck, but after swapping or sometimes posing the head, it can rise up further than its supposed to. All you have to do is push it down and its fine. I wish she came with more faces as she only has three (whereas Noriko came with five). I think the neck joint is over-designed, and it limits head articulation. The lower hair piece that rests on the back is connected to the head in a way that makes it look like the hair is always "flowing" from the back of the head. If the lower hair had just been connected to the neck and the upper part was separate, the head would have better articulation. But it's a minor complaint.

**EDIT I've pooled my thoughts about the GK line in this video, if you are interested.

[​IMG]
    Minerva by GogDog, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compared to Gutto Kuru Noriko Takaya:

[​IMG]
    Gutto Kuru Minerva and Norikio by GogDog, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    The quote in your sig works perfectly.

I'm really jealous of you right now... I might have spent more on one figure than $120, but I get the feeling that my parents are gonna think I'm insane if I buy this...

3. GogDog

News Credits:
    She's can be easily had for much less than that.

4. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    $95 on RK... Was Amiami less than that or not?

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    Amiami was like $80

6. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Now I'm thinking about it... Damn you... Damn me, too... If I do grab it, it'll probably be when I order AM Breakdown and Jet Vehicon from RK...

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, it' looks really good. I hope it's still in stock online at the end of July, because that's when I'll be able to get it.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    's cool and all, but not really into girly figs. :D 
    Gogdog, however seems to be in heaven! :lol 

9. GetterRobo

GetterRobo Well-Known Member

That's a sweet fig, you look like you are having fun when making the image shots. I can't help but snicker at Minerva, as if she's ready to do the hare hare yukai dance while holding Blaster.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Man, is there a reason people still insist on calling her "Minelba?"

Great shots, GD. I saw the one of her with Blaster in the SCPT and my heart just about melted at that smile.

11. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Personally I don't like this figure very much. Now, on one hand, it's a very nice looking Minerva, and for that it gets TONS of positive points. However, the joints and overall construction of it really make it feel like I should have payed a LOT less.

I must say, I am happy to have a Minerva on my shelf, but once I get her into the right pose, she'll stay that way until she needs to be moved.

12. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

This is something as an adult collector that I've really not gone anywhere near but I still might look this up. For some it will probably sell itself and I really enjoyed Masterforce. Gogdog, your photos aren't super flashy or slick but they really do the figure credit without glossing over anything.

If I do get this, the next thing is I'll probably launch myself into collecting Tiger & Bunny figures; that's what this reminded me of! :D  Even though stuff like that hasn't get much exposure in Australia, and living outside the bigger cities one must find this stuff alone if at all.

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    It looks great and I'm glad to see it goes with Noriko so well, as that's how I'll likely display them.

Are the heads interchangable? I'd really love to see Noriko's as a Headmaster Jr. and vice versa. Can't wait for mine to get here... should've shelled out for EMS...

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Transformers Fan since 1985

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    looks cool but not for that price. specially since it's a non-transforming toy...thing

If it was the price of a revoltech then maybe.

15. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well... I (respectfully) disagree, I think the Minerva character makes a rose tinted glasses when looking at this toy..

I think the posability is pretty bad.. Everything is FAR to fiddly! Hands fall off at every turn, the arm pops out of it's socket when you try to get it in poses.. From my experience it's a very bad joint system. Feel free to check out my YT channel which I posted a video about the toy last Wednesday. I think pictures don't really show off this toy accurately, as she looks wonderful when she's standing in a pose.. It's getting her there that's an absolute hassle.

You got it right that her head joint is over engineered.. It's over engineered and completely in effective. The back piece of her helmet that is supposed to stays on with the part of her hair that hangs down doesn't stay on very well and since that's the basis for when either of her heads are connected that they stay in place, her head often will just not sit properly. If you haven't removed that helmet piece (on purpose or accidentally) you may not realize it yet, as mine held on much better prior to the first time It was removed.

I got her from Amiami. And I'm glad because if I paid anything over $80 for her plus shipping I'd be even more annoyed.

If it makes you feel better, she's about 2-3x bigger than a revoltech. She's about Bandai SIC size.

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Good question! :thumbs2:  That would be a particularly good idea for if someone had both this and the Nightbeat coloured version of CMs Minerva and wanted to differentiate the two.

17. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    It's what it says right on the box :) 

18. GogDog

News Credits:
    Demonss, I saw your review and how you removed and replaced the heads and you were doing it totally wrong. That red piece never had to be removed from the neck joint. You tried to replace the entire head by removing it and plugging on the entire helmet. It will never work like that and the instructions show that. With the red piece already on the neck joint (like I said, it should hve never been removed in the first place) you plug it into either the back of the hair piece or the back helmet piece, and then add the front half. The way you were doing it will never work, nor was it intended to like that.

I haven't had ANY of the joint issues you have had. So no rose tinted glasses here. The hands do come off easily though. But I find that the case with nearly every Japanese figure I own. It's cool if you don't like the figure or think its not worth the asking price. But a lot of your complaints that i saw in your review stemmed from you inncorrectly swapping parts. It's totally cool if you don't like it. The niche appeal and probably low production run means the cost is high. But if you really don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it and make most of your money back.

I'm excited for Ginrai and I hope he goes up for preorder soon.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  19. GogDog

News Credits:
    Sadly not between Noriko and Minerva. The way Minerva's head is designed to work with the helmet and her back hair piece makes it non-standard. But makes me wonder if Noriko and Motoko Kusanagi will be interchangeable.

20. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

Gettin mine today. Can't wait!!! Is anyone going to carry Nightbeat version?? And what is the release date for Ginrai??