C'Mon Now.................

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Sound Blaster, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    120 is a good price for all those figs, especially if they are complete and in good condition. low balling is common on these boards. i have got offers that were less than what I paid at retail before.

2. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Just because you say so...Gee until you said that I didn't know that!

:drunk 

3. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    you gotta start using periods and commas dude.

4. Sound Blaster

Why? are we in Creative Writing 101 now?

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Glad I could help.

But seriously, if you really WANT to buy TFs on eBay, you need to adjust what you consider to be ripoffs, because this auction isn't one in any way, shape, or form. Case closed.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Tidal Wave is missing the missiles, everything else was complete. I try to keep my prices competitive so I can get stuff out the door, but people apparently think that means I'll haggle down another $5-10 per figure (when most stuff is less than $10 to begin with)

Offers that are less than retail really depend on the figure, though... If it's still MISB, it's one thing... If it's loose/MIB that's another thing entirely.
    QED

No, we're in the Internet. The internet requires text to communicate. Text requires punctuation so others can have some idea what you mean.

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Seems like there's an EBAY hall monitor on the boards every 2 months or so who seems to have a vendetta against people asking anything better than flea market prices for their personal belongings.

But the funny thing is that they post here thinking we have the same class warrior, personal vendetta attitude towards knocking the "excessive" 15 dollar markup off of a toy that was hard to complete 2 years ago and isn't getting any easier to obtain.....

8. Sound Blaster

Yea but last time I checked no one got "rich" off of selling their "toys"

(Key Word) :rolleyes: 

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Huh? <---Key Word

So I guess if you ever decide to sell your TFs, you will sell them for less than what they cost? It would be hypocritical of you to sell them for any kind of profit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The price is just fine for this figure. If you saw it was cheaper , it was likely the US version (there ARE slight differences on Superion, if I recall correctly, although not as obvious as the other two combiners), or someone just under-pricing something.

Would someone selling a loose/mint Fortress Maximis for 20 dollars mean everyone selling it for ten (and more) times that more are trying to rip people off?

hell no.

11. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    soundblaster defies logic in most of his posts. I dont think its on purpose though, cause anybody this passionate about stupid shit probably isnt faking.

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I don't see anything wrong in that auction. If some had a BIN on $25 then it's the sellers choice, he could perhaps gotten more, but a buyer made a good deal.
    Still Energon/Superlink isn't new anymore, and prices go up. I see nothing wrong in this aution at all, especially since it's the Jap. SC vers.

When you buy on eBay you spend a lot of time searching for stuff you want, untill you find something where the price is right in your opinion.
    I've been on eBay since '98 and it takes patience and luck to find the right deal.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol 

Spoken like someone that's worked for a dumbass officer.

14. Sound Blaster

If I could only make a gesture with a smiley that I wanted to...:sly: 

But alas this board doesn't have it...

And you mean to tell me that you'd rather pay MORE for something that you can get for cheaper? That's some stupid shit if you like wasting money..Impulse buyer...Stupid people pay $10 for an item that is still out at retail going for $5. Same thing when it comes to "Old" toys just because it hasn't been made for 2-3 years these people think it's "rare" and even though it went MOC for $30 they are selling it lose for $25 that's fuckin ignorrant. Uhhh it worse LESS out of the package....:rolleyes2  And you are right about people paying whatever they want but most people want to same money waste it just to "have it" I post things that I (key word) think is ridiculous but that's my opinion I didn't think it would start WWIII chill out people...

15. Sound Blaster

Cost what cost? retail or the overpaid price that alot of people pay and try to make up for by passing on to the next buyer...:crazy: 

OK Kindergarten Lesson Key Word = TOYS

A toy is an object used in play. Toys are usually associated with children and pets, but it is not unusual for adult humans and some non-domesticated animals to play with toys. Many items are manufactured to serve as toys, but items produced for other purposes can also be used as toys. A child may pick up a household item and 'fly' it around pretending that it is an airplane, or an animal might play with a pinecone by batting at it, chasing it, and throwing it up in the air. Some toys are produced primarily as collector's items and are not intended to be played with.

It seems like all toys fall in this catergory to some people

16. Bumble Prime

25$ is less than 30$...........................(calculating)........................5$ less, in fact.

but the fact of the matter is that the toy in question is worth the asking price..... hands down.

So why get bent out of shape and start a thread calling the auction BS and implying that the seller is a scalper ( via smiley..... not sure if that holds up in court lol)?

did you ever try to find those last two repaint limbs when they came out?! It was freakin' hard.......so that implies a bit of rarity....

17. Sound Blaster

No really?

Brand New MOC = $30
    OPENED & Loose $25

WOW Some Savings!

$5 off for a cardboard box....

:crazy: 

18. Bumble Prime

savings?

maybe some day unicef will get into the online toy auction business..... but 'till then ebay is the place to go. And its profit driven for the seller, not the buyer.... In fact most auction sites or economies for that matter are.......supply and demand and what not.....

19. Sound Blaster

Right buy answer me this question if you have a MOC G1 Optimus Prime in box compared to a loose G1 Optimus Prime which one do you think will fetch more money?

And rarity is ONLY drawn by region I've found stuff that other areas of the country don't have..so that means for ME it's not hard but something in another state could have a million of one toy and my area has none..does that make it rare? Kinda only for me.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dude, so far, you've been wrong about everything in this thread. The value of the toy, the expectations one should have on eBay, hell, just economics in general.

You oughta cut your losses and drop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.