Minor/Repaint: Club Exclusive Nightbeat w/horns

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Nov 7, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Normally I avoid kitbashing exclusives but this was one that just had to be done. Nightbeat requires horns, pure and simple.

The horns came from a Classics Jetfire (which I am currently customizing into a different character, will be done in a few days). His helmet to be exact. I stuck them on with superglue, and got sticky fingers as a result. :thumbs2:  He transforms absolutely perfectly which makes me annoyed that Hasbro didn't put the horns on him in the first place. :mad 

Well, there you have it. Now, I'm just waiting for the person to blasts me for daring to customize an exclusive.

:confused2 

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job.

3. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    much better. and are you using your camera macro option? the close up shots are a little to blurry to really enjoy the handy work you did

4. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Hasbro didn't make him so you can't be mad at them. And according to FunPub the original design had them but it was changed at the factory because someone on that end said they wouldn't have clearance for the transformation. Obviously that were wrong. I think I'll have to dig in my drawers for an extra Jetfire helmet and try this myself.

5. E. C. R. Former

It probably does. Unfortunately my know-how for digicams is severely limited meaning I really should study the manual more. :banghead: 

Yup, the head storage cavity in the Energon Hot Shot mold is so large that something as small as Jetfire's helmet antennae fits in perfectly. Personally, I was under the impression that the horns were cut because of production costs.

6. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool mod. Though are you sure you are transforming him right, his backpack is up at a very odd angle.

7. E. C. R. Former

Eh? :confused: 

*goes off and fiddles with Nightbeat a little...*

:eek: 

His backpack folds back further! I had no idea I was mistransforming him all this time. That what you get for getting something off of Ebay with no instructions. :banghead: 

Either way, still the same situation: horns aren't interfering with transformation so they work perfectly. :D  Thanks for the correction.

8. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I think it looks great. I'm surprised nobody bothered to get a G1 Nightbeat headmaster and make it work with that mold. The head sizes are roughly the same, aren't they?

~Z

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is proof that it's amazing what a small modification can do to largely change the coolness of a toy. :thumb 

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    The horns, I believe, were cut due to a miscommunication.

The original horns didn't fit in vehicle mode, so they asked the factory to cut them down.

But they got cut off instead.