Club Exclusive Breakaway

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Andersonh1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I'm really enjoying these club figures. They're recolored Energon combiner limbs of course, but since I missed out on most of the combiners and only got a few of them, some of the molds are new to me.

Breakaway is this year's membership figure, and he seems to have quite a bit more translucent plastic than Landquake did. The majority of the figure is made of it, with a few black and silver paint applications, and some bluish-purple parts here and there.

Plane mode:
    [​IMG]

A translucent red plane with a clear cockpit and blue wings. There's some silver on the intakes and what I guess are jet engines on the wings. Like most Transformer planes, there's some kibble on the underside, and in this case it's the robot arms. They don't seem to peg down to anything, and are held on strictly by shoulder joint stiffness. They blend in reasonably well, but kibble on a plane always bothers me. It's nowhere near the level of movie Starscream though.

There are three fold out landing gear struts molded to look like wheels.

Overall, it's a nice little compact plane mode, and the arms don't take too much away from it.

Transformation is fairly simple. The engine pods and legs unfold and twist to become the legs and feet. The arms fold out to the side, and the nose of the plane folds down, revealing the robot head. Very simple, effective and clean transformation.

Robot Mode:
    [​IMG]

While the majority of the figure is still translucent, the blue becomes more prominent and stands out, breaking up the red nicely. Aesthetically, this figure works very well. Articulation is decent, with ball joints on the knees and hips, as well as the shoulders and elbows. The head swivels, but the waist does not. The ankles hinge for transformation, but it's not useful for posing.

Breakaway comes with a lenticular card that has his bio on the back, as well as instructions and a couple of weapons that are blue and smoky grey clear. The energon star is clear smoked grey as well.

Overall: a nice basic Transformer, with the added bonus of being an exclusive and having an unusual color scheme. It will be interesting to see what the finished combiner looks like in a few years time, with the unifed color scheme. I don't think it's worth joining the Collector's Club just for the figure, but as part of the deal it's well worth it.

2. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Mmmmmm candy coloured.

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mhhhhhh jolly rancher...

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice! He's coloured very similar to Landquake in the way his colours balance out, so I guess this one is meant to be opposite him combined. Fair enough, he gets to be the other arm then. He looks great, love the way the light hits him. Can't wait for mine to arrive over here.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Mine just arrived, Sol. Keep your ears open for the postman.

6. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review. It makes my wait even harder! :D 

I'm still waiting impatiently for mine. It concerns me a bit that he's arriving in the UK now. I'm thinking there may be a problem.

7. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Aces! Nothing here today, just the last Micromaster I needed for my collection. But that's another story for another thread.

8. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

you can flip up his butt flap for bot mode, and it helps him be even more awesome

9. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    I really need to read the instructions. I might have learned that. :p  Thanks for the tip!

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Other than him being yet another Superion part (and it's my least favourite of the Energon combiners), he's pretty good. The colours suit the mould well, and his joints seem pretty tight. He looks very good with Skyfall and Landquake.

11. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

the superion limbs were decent legs though draver, you have to admit that, just bad arms.

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I felt they were pretty good as individuals, especially Breakout here. Combined form was the weakest of the lot, though.

13. Andersonh1

Ebay:
    I'm hoping for Barricade as the center bot in a couple of years, rather than Storm Jet. I think he's the best of the three from what I've seen.

14. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

What is the weird thing that it comes with for? There are the two missile weapon things and the energon star, but what is the other thing?

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The other thing is for connecting the two weapons together, primarily for when he's in a limb mode.

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Got mine last Wednesday. Pretty nice. I missed out on the majority of the Energon combiners do the poor distribution of them here. This is gonna be a nice set when it's done. Only two to go! I hope we get a new mold or extensive remold for the center since I'm betting it'll be the last piece.