Cloumbia Pictures is thinking of making Ghostbusters 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Zathras, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

That guy's right!

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I opened my fridge and found this:
    [​IMG]

No, No, No and No.

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About fackin time!

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like that idea.

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I'm probably one of the biggest GB fanboys around these parts, so I'll say my part...

it's all rumor so far. scripts are handed in all the time. The fact that neither of the scripts have been done by Ramis or Akroyd is a red flag for me. GB is their baby and they hold partial rights to the franchise. Sony can't do jack without them and vice versa.

That aside, I will say this. The game (which is delayed until Spring 09 and NOT CANCELLED) is GB3. So, IF a new movie is made it will either be about a second franchise, a passing of the torch from the old crew to the new, or a reboot. If it's a reboot, fuck it (who am I kidding, I'll still watch). A second team would be cool... on the west coast. A passing of the torch theme could be watchable as long as the new team aren't carbon copies of the old.

The second business idea could definitely work. In the comic Legion, Venkman mentions them opening up different offices in various cities worldwide (granted this comic also ignores GB2...) and the Game (GB3) is about the current team trying to get permission to open up other franchises too (well, a SMALL part of the plot is about that). Again, as long as the new team isn't carbon copy, I'll be happy.

There also must be, I repeat MUST, a montage scene.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Heard about this over the radio the other day. Basically heard that they were thinking about this, and that they were planning on attempting to get the original actors for it. If they actually do it, it might be good, it might suck. Won't be able to tell until I actually see the movie when and if they make it.

7. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Personally I think if they do this, they should not go the way of a remake at all. At most go a route similiar to extreme ghostbusters with egon as a mentor. That would work the best I think with still having the ability to cameo the others.

There's no way they can recast the originals, they were too perfect. This is one part of film history that shouldn't be touched like that ever. A followup with the others retiring if they can't get them for the movie would be best imho.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The script needs to be new guys taking over (Seth Rogan = brilliant). Have the original guys on the verge of retirement, have their shares bought out by some big CEO that just wants to make money, have the new guys fall for it, they get new suits, new technogear that doesn't actually work, and do more commercial appearances than ghost busting (because ghosts are at an all time low, or something).

A real threat finally appears, the new guys rush in not thinking much of it, find themselves over their heads. Some city gets taken over. CEO freaks out, calls up the old guys. And have a nice, awesome scene as they roll up in the old car, in their old suits, and the old theme playing as they do some slow-mo walk.

Then the new guys and the old guys get in a nice group shot image and take down the big baddy.

And at the end, the original four run the business again, the old suits are the "standard" suits, and everyone is happy. Yay.

9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Something like that could really work, though I personally like the Egon professor route Extreme used. Granted Extreme was so eh barring a few good highlights like the Goth girl. I just dig some of the newer tech, then again, use your idea for the script with the extreme tech and at least one fem goth buster. Then have the extreme tech just fall flat on its face and not work. Perfect nod to the extreme series since it also flopped on its face. >.>

Actually yeah, the comedians mentioned as the new blood, only pick 3, and then dress Rachel leigh cook up as the goth ghostbuster, and I'll be a happy camper for life. =D
    <.<
    >.>
    Shower scene with her also a must with slimer accidentally sliming her, treat her as the new Venkman minus the womanizing aspect. Slimer's new 'buddy' cause she's nice to him, her being goth and all that.

10. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh, no slimer.

He was an afterthought in GB2 added in SOLEY for his role in the cartoon.

Slimer, if anything, should be used like he was in the first film... or not at all.

11. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So basically the formula for most Power Rangers team up episodes done in a big screen budget kind of way? :lolol  Seriously though I think the only possible way Ghostbusters 3 is ever getting made is if the original cast is all dead, we're fifty-nine plus and the studio finally has all controlling rights of the franchise, then we'll see Ghostbusters 3-D with CGI Venkman and Spengler and Stantz, Zeddmore's a ghost and Janine is this little old lady with a cane still answering the phones for the kids of the kids of the Ghostbusters.

12. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Wow. If they get Bill in I'm all for another Ghostbusters. Without him it just wouldn't be right.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember reading ages ago that they tried to get GB3 made with GB4 where the original team ended up in Hell at the end of 3 and had to be rescued by a new team in GB4

15. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Balls...

16. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    It will never be Ghostbusters because Rick Morranis will never do it.

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    It will feel weird without the original cast.

Seeing how it's like pulling teeth to get just one cast member on, let alone everyone else I don't see this panning out.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've always fancied the idea that other ghost capturing companies have sprung up over the years that have had big sponsorship and better equipment and the original Ghostbusters have been squeezed out of the business. They go off to other jobs while still keeping a hand in here and there on a much smaller scale (a bit like GB2). All the ghost containment systems worldwide that are run by the other companies then build to critical numbers and some kind of paranormal worldwide web is formed which opens a rift to another dimension or something and lets a big bad through.
    After failing to solve the problem by throwing money and technology at it (which is what they normally do), the big ghost capturing companies track down the original Ghostbusters and team them with various corporate ghost catchers. After some friction, the new and the old eventually find common ground to solve the problem and the new team takes on the mantle of 'Ghostbusters', with the old guys running things back at headquarters. After nearly destroying the world, many of the sponsors drop their ghost catching companies because they don't want to be associated with the bad press, leaving the new Ghostbusters to fill the gaps. Because, when the world is ending and the corporate suits don't wanna know, who you gonna call?

19. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre