Cloud 9 Quakeblast - Masterpiece-Styled Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by banjoted, Jul 7, 2015.

1. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    It's that Shockwave, so hot right now.

I really like the look of this guy.

2. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, no need of it for me as I'm happy with what I have from FT.

3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's easy though isn't it? There's always the school of thought that the next take on a character will be better than the last take. Factor in the aftermarket prices of Quakewave pushing people away and the original detractors now having something they're happy to take a punt on, the big guy is bound to cop some flak.

And that's fine, cos Quakewave is a landmark in the pantheon of 3P releases and now there's a challenger (in principle) to his status as top dog. All I can hope for is that this company aim higher. You don't share first prize with anyone. And if it is a retool/blag of FT's design then you're cheating, lads.

If TakTom go for a Shockwave of their own the argument will start again anyway, as is the nature of this robot collecting beast.

4. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

I have Quakewave and I am more than happy with that figure. QuakeBlast doesn't capture the G1 feel to me, more like IDW. Just like I prefer Sever to Gutter and BC Insecticons to FansToys. It's good to have choices and I'm happy for all of the collectors who missed out on FT-03 and now feel they can fill that hole in their collection.

I'm also glad that this came along and will keep FansToys focused on new products instead of trying to redirect their energy towards a reissue.

5. DoubleYouTeeEff

DoubleYouTeeEff Well-Known Member

Hey man.....hey man. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all about our new found love Quakeblast. Go back to your Quakewave thread and watch his price plummet at the hands of our new temporary leader.

There, that's more like it. :lol 

6. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

The waist looks like a Victorian woman's corset ... But QW looks like a fat block so not sure if either is ideal ....

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    NO that isn't what I'm saying, so don't start.
    Go read the post over and over again until you stop seeing the word "unreasonable", because it isn't there. I said people are going to discuss it, and the volume of those discussions is going to get louder, because people seem to have passionate opinions about it. Third party toy discussions approach the fervor of religious discussions, and part of it is due to the fact that people can't fucking read, insist on seeing words that aren't there, and get overly sensitive about disagreements.

I personally don't give a shit what people think about either toy, or about any particular shade of purple. They can and will have those discussions until they all get tired of each other. I make no judgement toward it in a postive or negative fashion - as I said, I don't care. I'm merely pointing it out, so don't go all tumblr-like on the messenger.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Thanks goodness! I was just thinking, with the rumors of an official MP release, an FT reissue, and an FT KO all making the rounds, what we really needed was another Shockwave option! Well played, whoever the fack these guys are...well played.

9. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

All this love for the legs, but no one points out the lack of ankle tilts? At this point in the game, EVERY figure that claims to be "MP" should have ankle tilts. NO DEAL.

10. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this is just a retool of Quakewave (though, honestly, there are only so many ways to go from gun to robot and have the look be "Masterpiece") one would have hoped they would have at least incorporated the swivel forearm.

And has been mentioned… ankle tilts. Though those could be added to the current design without much trouble.

11. Sertile

Sertile Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy with Quakewave, but if this uses batteries that are actually AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF ASIA that would be cool

12. chaosanderson

chaosanderson Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wonder if this is the source of the Takara Shockwave rumours...

13. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

Be great for an classics version of shockwave.....js :rolleyes: 

14. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It does seem odd that we now have a reissue Quakewave, a KO Quakewave, an official MP Shockwave and another 3P Shockwave (who may or may not be a retool of the original Quakewave) all either rumoured or confirmed to be happening.

15. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think I like this one better because it does fit that slightly more modern Shockwave look. When I think of Shockwave, this image is what comes to mind...

[​IMG]

And Quakeblast looks just like that, which is really all I could ask for.

16. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Very oddly, this doesn't really improve upon Quakewave's one real flaw, the legs. These still do not have the overall right shape and are too blocky. The knee guard should be much more pronoucned. Also, the Decepticon symbol does not go on the shoulder for show accuracy.

This looks like a totally unnecessary release.

17. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

We all know that QW is solid and that FT backs up their products - that's huge.

I wanted to buy QW but didn't like how blocky/CHUGish the legs were.

IF Cockblast is significantly cheaper + build quality is up there, I will get this one. In he absence of either, I will just wait for a TT version should it ever happen.

EDIT: Are there no ankle tilts? Deal breaker, thanks for coming out.

18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I like the body and the legs better, but now the arms are too big. Hmm.

I still am holding out for Takara to make a definitive MP Shockwave. Really, the G1 toy -- to this day -- is the most show-accurate version. All they'd really have to do is give him full shoulder articulation and improved hip articulation. I almost think some of the 3P versions overthink things...

At any rate though, I'm glad people will have an affordable option. I bought Quakewave when it was new for retail price, but I'd never pay what they're asking for nowadays for it.

19. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

Nope, no real ankle tilts it seems, just toe swivels. Very lame for anything trying to vie with Quakewave.

This looks pretty good, but I feel no real need to replace Quakewave with this. Not even tempted unless it can demonstrate comparable build quality.

20. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I guess it has been long enough for another one. His legs are nicer and the proportions are a little different. Honestly, I doubt a side by side would be all that impactful. I look forward to picture of that. I also suspect there won't be a lot of surprises in the transformation.

I already have the purple Quakewave. If this guy comes in grey I might get him. Then I'd get to answer the question, would they get along?