Cloud 9 Quakeblast - Masterpiece-Styled Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by banjoted, Jul 7, 2015.

1. mamakap

mamakap Member

Just received my Cloud 9 Shockwave from Taobao, it seem I'm missing the extra articulate hand that can replace the translucent hand. I contacted the seller and he said maybe is a reissued version so no extra hand. Just want to confirm is it true the reissued Cloud 9 Shockwave doesn't come with the extra hand?

2. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

I don't think he does? Considering how his gun hand works I don't see how it could?

3. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

I have the reissue, it does not come with an extra hand.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mamakap

mamakap Member

Thanks for the feed back, by the way does it come with small Megatron gun?

5. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I got the early release. It came with the hand but no Megatron. The reissue doesn't come with the hand. I don't know anything about him coming with Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pezbanana

pezbanana Member

Thanks again guys, for the input.

Soon after my last post here, Bababobo replied saying something like... "He'll send the replacement parts as soon as he receives them, and please don't worry".

I agree with the consensus here: full replacement or refund. I would be OK with a replacement if it were the Megatron accessory only, or the G1 barrel... but it's too many things at once, and on the figure itself.

So I sent him a message explaining why, even though I appreciate his efforts, I should not be expected to repair an item that should have reached me without a scratch in the first place. So please: send full item replacement, or refund.

I have worked in toy retail before and have sent replacement figures in the rare occasions when the item arrived smashed (I'm an excellent packer, it was clearly the courier's fault, but still i sent a full replacement. Ergo, long term happy customer).

Fingers crossed. Will keep you updated. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    I don’t blame you. Hopefully it works out!

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Oh man, I definitely feel your pain. Last year I bought off an Ebay seller from China a Yes Model KO MP Seeker. It was not from Baba, it was through a different seller from China. Package arrived in great shape, but the nose cone was broken off. I contacted the seller, and the process was very similar. They are slow to respond to your messages. I don't know why, but my guess is that they do have some sort of connection with the factory that produce these things (or a connection with the company), and that it takes time to go through different channels. Communication is similar, too, in my experience as well. And remember, English isn't always easy for them. I can also say that my dealings directly with KFC and FansToys were also like this. I have purchased from Baba several times and he is a good eBay seller. I never had to contact him regarding any problems, but I hope he will come thru. I did get the replacement nose cone, btw, but have no way of putting it on. Take good pictures, and hope for the best is all you can do. FT and KFC came through wonderfully. But they can be pretty dang slow with communication and just as slow getting you the parts. I honestly hope this works out well for you, though. The wait is the hardest part in such matters.

9. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Remember the original Shockwave. Felt hefty. Sturdy. Real. Its lights and sounds, loud and proud. Wish we could get a 3P that captures that feel in a masterpiece scale figure. Not sure this cuts that line. Takara didn't really capture that feel. They got the look, but the feel of the gun, the heft, the sounds and blazing lights just weren't there.
    We need something new.. An MP 36 type Shockwave. Sleek, cartoon faithful, elegant, loud, bright lights, heft, diecast, and tough plastic feel akin to the original.
    [​IMG]
    Ahhhh..I can still hear the ratchets. So loud and assuring.

10. Peloche

Peloche Well-Known Member

Heĺlo, I have trouble transforming the part of the legs, specifically the handle of the gun does not want to turn, what can I do?
    Thanks
    Antonio

• Like Like x 1
  11. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Such a thing exists (ok, without the sounds)... but you won't find him in this thread :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zawicki

Mine did

13. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I'd probably be interested if the proportions had more of the Takara masterpiece. To me that one (Quakewave?) feels like the muscular versions of star wars Luke Skywalker 3/4 figures from the late 90s, kinda beefy. I like the chest look. Head is nice but a bit big. Love the LEDs tho. Its the arms and legs, along with the power cord to the gun, I'm not a fan of. Tho functionally equivalent, it's the aesthetics of Quakewave I'm not happy with.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

Is the megatron gun the same as the ones that came with the mp seekers? Just wondering if it is a different mold

15. Zawicki

I've never owned an MP seeker, sorry. I would guess it's the same or close enough to it.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    So has anyone KO'd the hands and arm blaster for this guy in solid colors?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

That would be nice, sucked that only the first batch had the solid hand.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yup

• Like Like x 1
  19. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    Same as the one I got with my Wal-Mart MP Skywarp years and years ago, absent the Decepticon symbol and maybe a bit sturdier.

20. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

thanks, wish they had just given everyone the solid color hand