Cloud 9 Quakeblast - Masterpiece-Styled Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by banjoted, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Quakeblast comes in a nice box with a flap where you can see the figure when you open it. Inside the box the is a clear plastic tray he is nestled in inside said box. There is no styrofoam packaging. Also, there is no KO of Quakeblast. He is already a cheap 3rd party figure that is pretty much a reshell/ko of FansToys Quakewave already (no matter how many people here try to argue that point)...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. MechaToast

MechaToast G1? No thanks.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

Any word on when the crystal transparent version is being released? I have both versions and I must ad the crystal as my third. Yeah, I really REALLY like Quakeblast.

4. UltimateDespair

UltimateDespair Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!!! :) 

Are you mostly Classics or MP? Not sure if it’s too big in comparison to Megs.

5. MechaToast

MechaToast G1? No thanks.

They're closer in height than I expected when I first read your post looking for a photo.

I have a mostly Classics collection, for lack of any better term that fits "buying cool looking toys at roughly voyager size." I bought Quakeblast because he looked amazing and was too cheap to pass up, even though I had nothing else at the time that scaled with him.

6. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Quake Blast is a really nice fig! Hie leg panels suck, but that doesn't detract from his awesomeness!

7. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I'm finally getting around to doing the LED upgrade and I can't figure out how to liberate the cannon led from its translucent plastic housing. How do you disassemble the nozzle? I can't tell what's holding the 3 or so transparent pieces together and am afraid of breaking it if I start tugging on stuff blindly. Any advice?

8. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

This is correct. If the figure is packed in styrofoam, then it has been completely repackaged. Did you get the die cast Megatron weapon with him too?

9. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    They shouldn't be glued. Just carefully pull the two base pieces apart (barrel is a 3rd piece).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So, I have two (purple) Cloud 9 Quakeblasts and I only need one. Would anyone in the UK be interested in my first run one for £40 delivered? I can take some pics when I get home tonight before you make a decision.

11. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I am searching for a quakeblast box-bubble or entire box. If you're interested in selling yours please pm me

12. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure before I started yanking. It worked.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Damn I'm in the states but I'd like to get one. I don't need the box if you wanted to get that to the other chap

14. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

15. ubik

ubik Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Finally a shockwave imposing enough to stand with mightron. Nice as the official is, he is too small and light DSC_0569.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

I found that the denseness of Quakeblast's plastic actually worked against him when it came to the "soft ratchet" hexagonal double joint for his leg panel hinge. Those joints require a certain amount of flex for parts to "ride over" the crest of the hexagon and his plastic is just so dense that it's a complete no go.
    I had to take a hobby knife and scrape off the edges of the hexes where they meet to give enough clearance for the joint to work. It's not something you'd notice unless you're looking for it, and even then it's in an out of the way place so It's not something you'll see 90% of the time. 20171020_213305[1].jpg
    I was unsure if this is a KO or not as my Quakeblast came in the box you described, but that then came in a form fitting styrofoam box that seemed purpose molded for it with what I presume is Chinese text on the lid. This isn't something I'm accustomed to with buying 3rd party figures. 20171019_165304[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    Oh! Sorry about that. Didn't get that from your original post. Unsure on the styrofoam part. None of the 5 I've gotten had the styrofoam.

18. UltimateDespair

UltimateDespair Well-Known Member

I know scale in TFs is pointless to most people due to the inconsistency, however, how big is Shockwave meant to be in IDW continuity?

I’ve been looking through Spotlight:Shockwave to gauge his height but I, myself, cannot really tell. To me, at least, he actually looks slightly bigger than the most of the dinobots: which, is good since Quakewave will most likely be bigger than the MMC Grimlock coming out.

Scale is important to me as - when I move house - I’m going to have a diorama of a battle on Cybertron on one side of my office. Therefore, every figure on the shelf at present has a decently fitting scale.

Thank you for the help, peoples. :) 

19. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    way back when i first got mine, first release, it had the styrofoam

• Like Like x 1
  20. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    whats the difference between first and second releases of this guy btw?

also, does anyone know if the repolabels sheet works for him or is the molding too different?