Closer look at Slag-A-Con Vector Zeta

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TGping, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    I honestly like the head design
    Wont be getting it though because i dont really buy many toys only read/watc fiction

2. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    by any chance did anyone order one and regret it and want to trade it away?

3. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

O_O

4. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    what company made this????

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    It's quite amazing how people can be so insulting in this thread toward this project yet the same thing would be posted in the Radicons sub-forum (actually it was - that's where the project started!) and everyone would be like "Wow! Awesome! Amazing! Unbelievable!". What does that tell you about sincerity?

6. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

I agree that for a garage kit this has much better engineering than anything else I've seen that is this complicated and it looks much better than the early images we've seen but...stylistically this thing looks a mess. XD I can understand why people are comparing it to CM since that figure was so very well thought out, even in places where engineering had to take precedence over looks.

I'm still wondering how much detailing they will add to the final sculpt and will reserve final judgement till then but the head still looks way off. I just think people are confusing "blocky" with "way too fucking big" though.

7. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about this one likely going to waiting and see could end up paying 25% more or 25% less on eBay

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

The head is kinda big. Looks good overall though.

9. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANK YOU! Finally someone has the balls to say what I think everyday! People get really really butt hurt if you give critical feedback in the Radicon forum. First they are called trolls, then if it continues I think the mods actually have stepped in before and removed comments. SMH.

I see a lot of praise given for stuff that is just..."Oh, ok. You tried your hand at a custom. Keep practicing" worthy. But its a free for all if a company makes it. Diss till your heart's content.

With all that said, this looks like it should cost no more than $60, because it doesn't look that good. Not $hitty, but City Commander would literally piss on this guy ala Bumblebee in the 1st TF movie. Even Protector would laugh.

10. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    :lol 

Um, I really don't know what to think of this. It just looks like one giant clusterf#ck...

11. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sincerity only goes as far as it staying as a personal custom I'd say. People are going to speak their mind if you are then offering said custom for sale and at a very high price for that matter.

When you start selling your customs, people are no longer giving you feedback as your peers but as paying customers and you know what they say:

'the customer is always right'

12. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care what the others say. I rather like it. I'd love to see it in colour to pass final judgement, but it's a welcome addition to my Optimus Prime shelf.

13. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ....uh WTF? No, no, no, on so many levels.....

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I wonder if they still have time to fix the somewhat clunky head and the way the trailer attaches to Prime. Both look very akward.

15. Houndog22

Houndog22 Well-Known Member

I personally don't mind the head and I actually like this design. In the pictures there seems to be some connection jutting upwards from the trailer (Perhaps it is used for the Apex Armor). Also I saw this link post #35 on the details of the second release of the Apex Armor: Slag-A-Con (round 2) - The Allspark Forums

I don't know how reliable this information is but if they do provide that extra head and the Hi-Q in the second release that would be pretty sweet! Plus it would give them one extra year to perfect the head :p  and hopefully satisfy us. You could say that they should get the head right the first time but two heads are better than one (especially if said "head" transforms into roller)!

The price is the one thing that sucks. Buying two figures without knowing how much the second one is risky for me. But if you guys don't like the figure then don't buy it, save the money for another awesome figure from Fansproject!

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Can't bring myself to spend that much for unofficial product. Next year, someone with some clout needs to see if they'll do some Legends Diaclone repaints. Now THAT would be an exclusive, and you'd probably move enough to definitely cover convention overhead. Plus have a non-attendee set online.

17. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those wanting one of these, I have one reserved for myself. Since I am totally changing my collecting focus away from Classics and back to G1, I will be selling/trading this. Just PM me if you have any interest. I am looking for any boxed G1 from 1984-88.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    The Radicons are really messed up in that aspect:There is barely any legit critisim there. I ain't saying "OMG YOU SUCK STOP", but i have seen too many a custom that really do not look good at all, yet folks are like "amazing job!". The customizer doesn't learn to improve if you don't give them critisim. i know why folks are so nice but it is a detriment.

Now on this figure:I think it looks really bad. The head is just a block and the proportions just look way off, expecially when such a figure is gonna cost a lot to obtain. I'm not saying its not worth the time to attempt, but I find this attempt to not be well executed, it is a nice try though, but i ain't gonna go out and buy it.

19. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I like the head very Marvel PMOP and is it possible the apex trailer section will fit between the current trailer and Prime? Having not paid much attention to the early previews I'm not sure what was expected.

I can't decide if I like it or not, probably I need to see it in colour to know how the parts come together. I already prefer it to CM, but have never been a big fan of the look of that.

20. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not a fan. in fact, i dub thee: "shitty commander"