closer look at megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have Optimus "surrender" himself as a way to get to the Quintessons. He was gonna go after the Quints anyway, why not be taken straight to them as opposed to just flying into space? Sure, he could have used the seed as a way to track them, but it would have been more difficult.
    We could learn more about Lockdown and why he works for the Quints. He has intel of the Quintessons and many other alien worlds. That may also be useful.

• Like Like x 2
  2. FlamingBolt

FlamingBolt Well-Known Member

Welp, too late for that now.

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Killing off Lockdown has to be a grave mistake. About as grave as killing off Darth Maul at TPM.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really. Darth Maul never even spoke. He was a worthless, basically pointless villain who didn't really actually do anything in TPM besides kill Qui-gon which could've happened someway else and been just as dramatic.

Lockdown actually affected the plot. He had personality, he had motivation, a voice both literal and figurative. He was one of the better characters of the films simply because he was proactive and had character.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Which goes against Lockdown's character he's not going to willingly lead Optimus to his employers that's bad business. You're making Lockdown more complicated than he actually is, he's not a servant of the creators he's just a bounty hunter doing his job. His motive for working for the creators is they hired him to get Optimus. It's a job nothing more, Bay said it perfectly once he had Optimus he was going to leave Earth and collect his payment from his employer. That's it, Lockdown had no loyalty to the creators he was just doing a job he was hired for.

That's why he kept his word to Attinger it's not good business to go back on your word, just like it's not good business to sell out your employer. If Optimus captured Lockdown he wouldn't tell him anything it's terrible business to sell out your client, Lockdown wouldn't do that it's unprofessional and would affect future contracts. It baffles me how someone's like of a character makes them mistake everything about their character, anyone who remotely understands Lockdown knows he would never sell out a client, it's not good for future contracts.

Optimus willingly surrendering himself is stupid; he's not going to them free he's going to be tied and helpless like he was on the ship. He won't be able to fight back, this is the equivalent of committing suicide, stupidly I might add. Here's yet another example of you people not knowing proper writing. Anyone in their right mind would prefer going in a way where they will be able to fight back. As for finding them what do you think the seed is for, Lockdown used it as a beacon, that means it can traced back to it's point of origin.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With as many nifty things Lockdown had. Gadgets and cool weapons, I wouldn't doubt if he also had a way to preserve himself if he should ever die. Like some crazy machine given to him by the Creators that would transfer his Spark to a new body to keep him alive. If the writers were smart, they would find a way to bring Lockdown back. He was by far one of the most well put together villains and characters IMO. Besides, he has Sooooooo much to offer with history and back story. Again, they would be stupid not to flesh that out.

• Like Like x 5
  7. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he was the best new character in that movie.

And he did say a few lines...

"Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master."
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."
    "Yes, Master."
    And the sound of death.

Thankfully he lived on throughout TCW and Rebels.

8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If they wanted to keep Lockdown alive then they should have kept him alive. I hate revival of characters as it makes the concept of death obsolete and pointless.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can just feel the personality in this shot, it feels like a real megatron moment. he is clearly mad, and shooting his cannon into the ground. my theory, this is the cons hangout and he is flipping out at them, maybe for goofing about or barricade for failing to catch bee and cade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    His personality really shines through in the above examples. Megatron looks like he's pushing really hard, while taking a dump!

11. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I wonder if this is also a unfinished shot? Likemaybe there could be another smaller Con there on the ground and as Megs sits down, he blasts him? Almost has that same feel to the 80s movie when Galvatron took Command back from Screamer lol

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I really don't see what's so great about this shot. Megatron acting out of rage is nothing new.

13. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though in a sense, the killing off of Lockdown was almost to prove some sort of point that cooperation will win out over prejudice.

You have Lockdown and Attinger forming an unlikely alliance, but pretty much saying, "I don't like you or your species, but we'll cooperate this once because we have things we need...but overall, I hate you."

In that final battle, you are meant to see how the Human/Alien 'friendship' works.

You have Cade confronted by Attinger, who is willing to kill him. "There are no 'good aliens,' or 'bad aliens' Yaeger. It's just us, and them...and you chose them."

And, it is at that point that Optimus 'luckily' hits Attinger and saves Cade.

Though after that you have Lockdown impaling Prime, and delivering his own diatribe: "You saved the human instead of saving yourself. You bring shame upon us all!"

Though shortly afterwards, Bee, Tessa and Shane appear, and we have the humans working to try and help Prime, leading to him killing Lockdown, as if to show that cooperation really does work.

"Honor, to the end," seems to be Prime's 'code words that this mutual cooperation does work, despite the 'us/them' mentality of humans and other Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AMG

AMG Old School

I want a leader class version of this Megatron. Just saying.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He seems to still be a bit loco, he's sitting on a pile of cars like in DOTM.

I'm guessing he still needs to sort out his brain.

16. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want to know how Megatron transitioned from Galvatron to his TLK form

• Like Like x 1
  17. uruseiranma

News Credits:
    As do I, but of course, they never explained after being decapitated, just how Megatron's 'mind' was still working after being ripped from his spark (though maybe the Allspark shard was thrust into his head by the Doctor, making him immortal?)

Of course, one wonders if he'll transform with moving parts, or that 'cubist' stuff.

18. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I hope its a traditional transformation, and NOT the cubist stuff. That was way to similar to Beast Machine's "beast liquefies and *splorp!* is now robot" transformations. But what I want to know is if this is just Megatron reformatting himself, or moving to a new body?

P.S. As that girl is shaping up to be my least favorite aspect of the new movie, your sig made me laugh.

19. uruseiranma

News Credits:
    That's all I wanted to do. Because really, it's like, 'girl, that thing is 30 ft tall and can throw cars at you!' Her scene there was very much of a ridiculous Scrappy-Doo moment ("Lemme at im! Lemme at im!").

• Like Like x 3
  20. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    It's funny that you mention that, as personal I feel she is going to be this film's Scrappy The Scrappy - TV Tropes