Clones?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by deceptor83, Feb 6, 2011.

1. deceptor83

deceptor83 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but it looks as though we will see some clones. We've seen a Long Haul, Brawl and either Barricade or Sideways clone. But remember folks, there were alot of ships in the trailer so that means alot of decepticons. So dont worry Im sure we will see some new faces.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    It's probably the real Long Haul and Brawl.

3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    wtf is with these clones? might as well put vortex in there and make him a pavelow. Are they just lazy to do some new CGI robots? not just copy paste!

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, but making new models is expensive and it isn't cost productive to make cannon fodder when you have a bunch of unused models that aren't being used.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    CGI robots are super expensive to model, render, and composite. If they made a brand new model for every robot needed to pad-out large-scale battles we'd only be able to have like five minutes of robot footage since there'd be no FX budget left.

At least ROTF indroduced the "hatchling" concept and showed that they were actually just generic body types running around. A half-explanation is better than no explanation.

I'm shocked they gave the Brawl model a new colour scheme, TBH.

6. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    well i can understand about the budget, thats alright. im just a little pissed that there not new ones but i have to admit the dreads bot designs look awesome.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Well, obviously there will be some new Decepticons, Most of ROTF's troop builders wer enew models for that movie. Just because there's scene with a few model reuses doesn't mean there won't be any new robots besides the Dreads and Shockwave on the bad guy's team.

8. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The director of TF3 is known for saving money by reusing footage from older movies and is also known for reusing robot animation/models to save money so I am not surprised to see lots of clones in TF3.

9. 420bot

420bot ******

So what I gather from the trailer after studying it a few times.

- Prime loves jetpacks.

- Thats at least 30 plus ships invading earth.

- Ratchet is in the corner shot, not Skids.

- It is a Sideways clone, damn I thought that it was a Barricade.

- Two tiny Bone-Crushers in the background, a Long Haul, a Brawl, a generic fodder con, and two dreads.

- Sets of GIANT drill like tentacles.

- Laserbeak F*^ks Simmons world up.

- Sam cries like a girl.

- Rosie is hot.

- Optimus kills everyone.

At the shot with Bee I pictured scott mcneil saying "we're all gonna die." watch it again and picture that.

10. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Maybe Soundwave just e-mailed a bunch of alt-modes to the in-bound Decepticons, stuff like "tank", "minesweeper", "jet" and so forth.

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind the reuse of models for fodder. In fact, I welcome it if it gives us the chance to see a particular model from a different angle or viewpoint.

12. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I posted a reply about this in the Trailer stills board discussion, and it got lost in the 24 pages of crap going on there, so I'm going to CTRL V it right here:

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about them reusing CGI models. Seriously, I'm sure it's far less expensive to use old models than to create completely new ones that have 2 seconds of screen time before Prime rips them apart.

And for the record, in G1, correct me if I'm wrong, but, let's see: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust all had the exact same alt. modes and robot modes, just different colors (and, the latter three also had cone heads in bot mode). Right there is more of the exact same model than we've seen of any of the characters in the live action movies. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper? Same bot and alt. modes. Prime and Magnus? Same story. So, really, who gives a f*#k?

Even the Geewunners should be happy for the continuity.

[/rant]

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any chance to see more of sideways plus it lets me put mu multiple figure repaints on different shelves. Regular Brawl on 07 shelf and now I can put the repaint with Dotm toys

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You took the words right out of my mouth talking about the Seekers.

Though I think most people will still be whining a decade later if Bay doesn't bring any closure to the 'disappearing Barricade' question that has been talked about for the past few years.

15. jru42287

News Credits:
    Yeah, and that bugs me too. But who knows. I didn't hear anything about an R-8 being on set in Chicago, but hey, there he is in the trailer. So, maybe Barry might actually be back in CGI form? Hell, maybe even Jolt could make an appearance for that matter.

16. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I very happy that long Hual is back he was the most badass design.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Even as something of a gee-wunner, I always thought they took it way too far with all the different seekers. It's only out of a grudging sense of completism that I'd buy that many of the same toy. I'm not one of those that begged Hasbro to release them all in Classics.

18. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Its kinda funny how some of the supposedly "still living" transformers such as barricade and jolt are not likely to make an appearance in the film but confirmed dead ones keep coming back. I don't see why they can't use the previous models of jolt and barricade and put them in the movie. Why not use characters that are still alive and ones alot of fans want to see. I don't mind if there only there for a couple of second and/or die a quick death. I just would like to see them again and get some closure on their fate.

But on the topic, I was kind of against the idea of clones/drones in the begining but I've kinda warmed up to it. They're just there to fill in the ranks. As long as a few decepticons get some indiviuality, I'm ok with it.

19. jru42287

News Credits:
    It is weird that they haven't brought back other Cons that we've seen before, but doesn't mean they won't for this movie. That was only 30 seconds of footage from what'll probably be at least 2 hours. So, they've got time haha.

20. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Well as far as G1 goes, many of the clones there had names, and distinct personalities, they weren't just mute repaints like in the movies.