Cliffjumpor ARK-WARRIOR KO = Awesome / Legit Grapple... not so much.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blaynescott, Sep 1, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just purchased a very nice quality KO from an HK seller, and he arrived today:

It was listed as "TRANSFORMERS G1 DELUXE Cliffjumpor ARK-WARRIOR".

It came in a plastic tray with twist ties and instructions - I was certain it was a legit DOTM TF, until I actually read the instructions, and saw the lack of Hasbro or Takara logos - but instead, a KO brand "Ark-Warrior". No poor English either - they were well translated.

The figure it's self is great - tight transformation, and perhaps a recast of an earlier Bumblebee that I don't know of. The weapon it has flips open into an energy blade,a nd can store between the legs in car mode. For me, this weapon is easily worth the cost of the figure it's self, given it's listing price. :)  The actual color is a darker blood-red, rather than the bright red the auction photo shows - probably due to a really bright light-tent.

On the other hand - I picked up a legit "Revel the Shield" Solarstrom Grapple from the same seller.

Worthless figure. The bicep swivels pegs are too short, and at the slightest touch, fall out. The crane is also non-detachable, and an nuisance when handled. I actually bought it in a fit of nosatalga, given I owned the original, and this figure's chest reminded me of Powermaster Prime.

Well, it's fodder for a Prime custom of some sort now. :) 

Serious though - check out this "Cliffjumpor" figure - it's great. :) 

Attached Files:

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ^solar storm grapple is a great figure, it seems you had some bad QC in the arms, but the crane is awesome, when you think of it as a tonfa and not just a crane sticking off his arm

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Is the Cliffjumpor the same as the one being sold in canisters?

4. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Having it as a tonfa (/police stick night-stick like weapon) would be great if it were on a standard 5mm peg - but that's just me. I'm a fan of detachable weaponry. :) 

I'm glad to hear other grapples aren't as badly done in the arm department - the QC on mine is terrible. :( 

5. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Mine came attached to a square/molded plastic tray - similar to the inner tray of most DOTM Hasbro figures, so I don't know if this one originally came in a larger canister or not.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yeah it is the same one as that

this KO when it came out around TF07 was very nice, always wanted it but never got it cause i am lazy