Minor/Repaint: Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Roxxstar, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Roxxstar

Roxxstar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    'Cause everyone's doing it! RTS BB with WFC CJ head repaint. Working on finding a suitable weapon for it.

Attached Files:

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Very slick! What was your paint choice? How did you apply it?

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Good job on this, take a look at Blurr's sniper rifle, it's look right at home with ole Cliff here.

4. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Very smooth lookin' paint job but I still prefer the "ski-doo" head mod for classics Cliff Jumper, even over the FP set. I use the hilt of Wing Saber's swords for my classics BB and CJ's guns. It's nice cause you get two with the figure.

5. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    I used Tamiya Metallic Red spray and GW Black and Boltgun Metal. I took the figure completely, masked windows and parts of the shell I didn't want to paint and just sprayed a few layers. I didnt paint the main black body portion except to paint the racing seats red. And now he's coated with Future.

Thank you :) 

I might paint the BB head and trailer still, not sure yet.

As for the weapon I was thinking something with some bulk that separates so I can toss an LED in it.

Thanks for the comments! :) 

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    If you take the headlights out & paint the yellow area behind/under them white or silver or something, it'll kill that greenish tint coming through. :) 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like that, actually. My CJ and Goldbug use the pistols from Armada Sideswipe (and his redeco, Universe Treadshot); in CJ's case, he also a "glass gas" canister made from part of a GW Necron gauss flayer. The pistols stash between the figure's arms in vehicle mode, so I don't have any parts lying around. If I feel like giving him a big gun (generally not; he's a brawler, not a gunner), I use a rifle from Powermaster Prime.

I do love that red...

8. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very nice. i love that head. best Cj head in a long time.

9. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    Thanks, Ideally I'd love to get him dual pistols from the Civilian Red Astray Gundam, I love all the Astray designs and the pistols from that are great looking. I was thinking a building a weapons rack that mounted like a trunk-hitch bike rack, then mounted to his back similar to the "wings" to hold weapons he isn't holding.

Thank you, I like the head, just had this nagging feeling its not squat enough, know what I mean? But over all it looks great together and painted :) 

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm gonna nitpick here as well, simply because I think this is a fantastic-looking custom. I think what would really make this pop (and solve the issue that Ta and myself talk about here) is some translucent paint on the headlight covers. Just a light coating of a turn signal orange and a single coat of a blue or gray (something that will compliment the blue underneath) would look killer.

Here's an example I found to go by:

Attached Files:

11. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Get a set of Pretender Bumblebee guns. Then you get a weapon each for CJ and Bumblebee. The demand doesn't seem to be too high for them either. I was able to pick up the smaller one just recently on Ebay for about $6 shipped without any competition. Plus they're suitable by being officially a Bumblebee's guns but from a toy with a Cliffjumper head. :thumb 

12. Roxxstar

Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestion about the headlights, I will definately try some of them out this weekend. And I'll definately look into all the weapon suggestions.
    Thanks for all the comments and help guys :)