Cliffhanger endings suck! *A Rant*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Autovolt 127, May 19, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Not only that but the guy who created My Name is Earl also teases us about how Earl Finishes his list in his new show Raising Hope.

Damn Straight. It would renew everyone faith in politics.

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Fixed. I don't get all the bitching and moaning. Cliffhangers are awesome and keep you invested in the show during the break. If done well, as with Star Trek: The Next Generation or Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Angel, you get legendary television. If done knowing the show is on the edge of cancellation, as with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (which was threatened with cancellation from day one), you get a footnote on Wikipedia.

3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have no idea what that's supposed to be from.

Anyhow, Grimm's had to be the worst. Sure, you know it's coming back so no issue there, but it's obviously half an episode. Way too many things left undone.

NCIS' cliffhangers make me laugh, though. They spend half a season building up to it, and then the next season it's resolved in a single episode :D 

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like cliff hangers or unanswered questions at the end of any episode.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    For me I hated the way the V remake ended.

It basically killed off characters that still had poteintal to really come out as characters just for some pointless shock thrill. At least in Prime it has purpose but what purpose did it show here? If anything it pretty much ruined one of the big reasons why Erika wanted to fight the visitors aside from saving Earth which is to keep her son safe and now he's dead. And I feel really sorry for Ryan after all he had to do to save his daughter after his girlfriend dided and all of the sudden he gets killed of by his own daughter?! That's just horrible.

Maybe I'm overracting but it just feels like a slap in the face for me.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I don't mind cliffhangers if they know for sure that a show will have a another season. Best cliffhanger I can think of right now is the Star Trek TNG when Picard is taken by the Borg.

V getting canceled pissed me off because it ended on a cliffhanger.

7. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally don't mind cliffhanger endings as long as a follow up is on the way. However, in your case sir, you have the worst clifhanger that I hate. Missing has been cancelled and so you'll be stuck forever on that cliffhanger. I think those are the worst. There have been many TV shows and movies that wrap on a cliffhanger only to get the axe and there will never be a follow up for myself and many other fans to see.

We got pretty damn close to that happning this year with Fringe as it was about to get cancelled. But at the last second, it was renewed for final "half" season with only 13 episodes. At least I'll get to see how this ends. Alcatraz on the other hand....uhhh no, axed. :cry 

8. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    *memories of the final episode of "Duckman" spring to mind*

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wait, what? Earl is gonna guest star and finish his list on Raising Hope? Or someone on RH makes a comment that eludes to Earl finishing it? I need more info. :lol 

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
  11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  12. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Fringe did pretty well this Season considering they didn't know whether it was getting renewed or not! The ending was pretty good if it had ended, but they did have "Letters Of Transit" to set up next season!

13. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Having just watched Elfon Lied and seeing that ended, I have to agree.I mean I KNOW that was lucy at the end who fixed the clock but I want to know why, and why she dissapeared despite an obvious emotional attachment between the characters.
    (Also what bothers me is that I need the manga to know the OTHER half of the story and the TRUE ending)