Minor/Repaint: cliff jumper realism repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by anovasinn, Mar 5, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

Thanks for checking out my repaint of Cliffjumper. This is the figure that made me write my simple repaint rant, because it is hard to take apart and put back together. I have been doing similar work for over a decade just started doing transformers in the last 6 months; though anyway this is my first movie figure repaint: this is my first real post other than my Skywarp fins.

Well, I made this for sale at first, but I think there may be too many flaws, so I am looking at this more as my practice figure. However I still may list for sale later.

washes dry brushing etc etc... model masters enamel tamiya acrylic paints. I did not paint the exterior body shell, but I did highlight body seems that were on the original car to give it a more realistic look as a car. Also I clear-coated it and that made the plastic look as if it were painted. Eyes are the portal to the soul so I spent a lot of thought and time on those.

I have two other Cliffjumpers to do, Ironhide and Ratchet. I am brain storming to come up with original ideas for them. I am open to ideas so pm me if you have a good one you would like to see.

There are more pictures to come, I just am having a learning curve issue with resizing them.

[ATT]2246[/ATT]

Attached Files:

• cj6.jpg
      cj6.jpg
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
    • cj5.jpg
      cj5.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
      Views:
    • cj4.jpg
      cj4.jpg
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
    • cj3.jpg
      cj3.jpg
      File size:
      95 KB
      Views:
    • cj2.jpg
      cj2.jpg
      File size:
      70 KB
      Views:
    • cb1.jpg
      cb1.jpg
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Valdric_gundam

Valdric_gundam Aes Sedai

First reply... any way that looks realy awsome... man I wish I could do this stuff, the only problem is, that I don't have a transformer to work with... so thats the break with me, but again I will say it, that looks so awsome,

3. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I have to say, I like the use of gold instead of silver on the face and toes. When I get around to repainting mine, I think I'm going to have to steal that idea, heheh.

Overall, from what I can see of it, I think it came out really well. Not sure what flaws you're talking about, but you probably didn't take any pics of those... I'm sure I wouldn't have. :) 

Keep up the good work!

4. anovasinn

thanks for the kudo's. the gold i am going to try and make my trade mark. i am going to try and figure a way to put it in all my repaints. the reasoning i put behind it this time is because cj has a more flamboyant personality than bb. he would care more about bling or appearances than bb. feel free to take the gold idea i have no real claim to it.

yes my flaws are not pointed out the liecnce plate is off center and bumpy, and i put a small stress mark on the plastic by the door under where it says camero his other toe has red showing through the gold as well i will fix that flaw. in making models and such i had to learn to accept some flaws for awhile i did not finish projects that had flaws. now i finish them because you learn as you go.

thanks again to both entrys

5. anovasinn