Click & Clack: As the Wrench Turns...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Jul 10, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else see this? Basically it is a PBS cartoon featuring the Car Talk guys Tom and Ray Maglionni aka Click and Clack. They showed two episodes last night. It was ok. Nothing spectacular but amusing.

In the first episode, Click and Clack are running the PBS pledge drive and once again cause the network to loose money. So they need to make $5mil. A local politician brings in his car to be fixed and cleaned up. The two decide to run for president to try and earn matching funds to get the money.

in the second episode the guys are tired of doing the show and are in a real rut. They out source their jobs to India with sound a likes and enjoy the time off. The show does better than it has before. Their producer Beth is depressed because she doesn't have a job to do anymore and quits. They boys then phone in to the fakes and cause the guys to give bad advice then threatens to sue. Thus they get their jobs back and Beth is happy.

Overall a decent toon. If you like the Car Talk guys it might be worth a look. Nothing hilarious but amusing. Click and Clack provide their actual voices.

Here is a link to PBS's site with full episodes

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was going thru the guide tonight and saw that. Didn't know what it was though. Sounds different.

3. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I like their radio show so I might have to give it a shot at some point.

4. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm living my life with the clickety click.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I love the Click & Clack radio show, so I'm going to have to check this out.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I caught it by accident on the first night - only the second episode, but I saw the first online. And it's cute.