Cleopatra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cheetor71, Jun 12, 2010.

1. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I took my wife to Philadelphia today and went to the Franklin Institute to see the new Cleopatra exhibit. We had a ver nice time and I was able to take a few pictures. Unfortunately I had to take them on my phone since I was not allowed to use a real camera. Here are some of the things we saw.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great, I didn't know you could take photos with a Camera phone inside an exhibit? When I went to the bodies exhibit, the workers there got all pissed at me lol.

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

We asked before we went in and they said it was ok. You should go check it out. The audio tour was excellent and it was included.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Used to think Cleopatra was supposed to be beautiful, but they say her currency shows her true face, which is pretty horrid :lol 
    She must have had some serious skills to manipulate the all powerful Rome back then. Her sis was prolly hot too before she poisoned her.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Cool, we caught the King Tut exibit a couple months back, I'm sure we'll check this out when it comes around :) 

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

The coinage with her image is what is wrong. She was in fact quite beautiful and extremely intelligent. That was how she was able to get 2 of the most powerful men in the world at the time to fall in love with her. This exhibit gives a whole new perspective as to who she really was.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I thought the same thing at first when I saw that, but thinking further brought me to the conclusion that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. You'd hit it.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Ancients behaving badly created a CG reconstruction of her face. She wasn't totally hot, but she wasn't a dog either. It's what 8 generations of near-total inbreeding does for you.