Clearing out and making room.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stuntastic, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Lately, I've been really wanting to finish up my Classics - whatever collection. As a fan of the original cartoon and cartoon movie, I love each original character.

I have a whole bunch of various G1 figures, mainly incomplete as they've been in storage for a long long time. And I was thinking I could either start kitbashing some of them, since they're incomplete. Or sell them off on here for the people who are looking to complete X figures or use them for kitbashing themselves.

I have a bunch of random Cybertron, Energon, Armada, Beast Wars and random such in my room, simply because I like the toys or they're complete. Or I at least know that I do posses their missing parts.

So I was wondering if I should let them go or not. Being a fan of G1, it would be weird to let go of the actual original toys. But since they're not gonna be of much use for me, I might as well.

HALP

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    If you want to sell them start with the A/E/C toys, then the Beast Wars toys and finally the G1 toys.

But for heaven's sake keep the dinobots!

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Let me know which Beast Wars toys you want to get rid of, I'm in the market for some of them.

4. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Haha, I have the Dinobots in my room. Incomplete, a chip in Sludge's tail, but I was thinking of kitbashing these, as they're just awesome.

I'll probably have to dig through my garage this weekend and pull out what I got.

I know I have two Metroplex bodies, if anyone is interested.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I got rid of most of my G1 figures and don't miss them at all. Granted, I did keep a few pieces like Prime, Megatron, Soundwave and his cassettes. I've found that Classics and all the subsequently related lines is more than enough to satisfy my appetite for G1.

So, should you sell? It's really up to you. Put them away for a couple of weeks and see if you have the urge to take them out. If you don't, maybe it's time to get rid of them.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This is the correct answer. Tigerhawk gets a cyber cookie.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I've been slowly but surely getting rid of 60% of my collection.

my best advice is to keep the toy designs you trully love & get rid of the toy designs you dis-like the most first.

8. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I say go ahead with the sell. Who needs G1 when you have Classics.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm currently going through a similar process. I've decided I really want to focus on some of the more modern lines, so I'm seeling off 99% of my boxed G1 collection.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring in a few pennies in the process, but really it's just a case of claering out some space in my collection room.

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. I display my G1 with my Classics/H/U/G figures, and it looks neat having them together. You can see the difference of how they were originally and how they are now. Especially since Hasbro has been cranking out a lot of G1 characters in the last few years.

Secondly, the new stuff means nothing without its origins. To ignore G1 would be like ignoring history. They loose their meaning.

Third, even though the new stuff has tons of articulation, and perhaps even looks cooler to some/many, none of the new stuff is built as well as the original G1 toys. The G1 toys may lack articulation, but they were built to last with die-cast parts, heavy duty hinges and screws. Not to mention thicker, sturdier plastic. Oh, and the chrome, a second lost art after die-cast these days.

G1 TF's made is all happen. If it wasn't for those toys, we probably would not be seeing all the success we are seeing today. It's sad to see more and more people regarding them as worthless now. They're like owning a classic car. Sure the new Mustangs/Camaro's/ Challengers are awesome, but nothing beats the nostalgia and build of the originals that set the bar and made history to begin with. You will never see Transformer toys built as well and as nicely as the G1 ones were.

Just my 0.02.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I say sell off the Unicron Trilogy figures, since you say you're much more of a geewuner. And use the money from selling those to buy up missing parts and such for your G1 figures.