clear Skids and Mudflap head design CG

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, May 22, 2009.

1. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    nope...i am not kidding at all...lol
    and no expecting here...nope...not here :wink: 
    i can't wait to see these two funny guys in action. :thumbs2: 

2. Jcanuc

Jcanuc Well-Known Member

Very true,
    I hated these designs initially but the more I see them animated and can attach a personality to them the more I am beginning to like them.

I don't think I'll be changing my opinion on how ugly they are, But You might be right, not everyone has to be pretty.

I'm still in disagreement in the reason of simplifying to allow the animators more ability to show emotion, Wall-E had like 4 moving facial features and you could catch the emotion, R2D2 had none, just sound effect and you could still pick emotion.
    It's a poor excuse to justify a very different design that they knew would initially be rejected.

It's the same excuse as why we can't film red cars.
    michealbay.com actually has 3 car commercial shots with all red cars, and the Disney movie Cars had a nice red Lightning McQueen fully animated.... I get that the technicality of this movie would have made it difficult, not trying to start a flame war, it's just one of those little things that has bothered me more than it should.

They won't ruin the movie, and I think in the long run a lot of people will end up liking them more than they though.

As for the head designs that I hated from the first movie, still hate em.
    I'ts not the movie style that I dislike, but just certain design choices.
    animation didn't change that for me. I've accepted them, but would have preffered a different take on a few. The Autobots were all well done, but Starscream and Megatron I didn't care for. In Revenge I'ts the twins, wheelie and jetfire that I'm not crazy about, but love the constructicons and sideswipe, even the new Devestator I think turned out pretty good, and looks excelent animated.

3. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combined mode:

Attached Files:

4. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

I like the look. They will probably be funny.

5. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cannot BELIEVE I walked right into that one.

6. newguy

newguy i

Skid looks like a want-to-be gangster and mudflap looks like a poodle that got its ass F***ed up.

I really hope their not the stupid robots that were made for a lame joke for kids. If the twins are just made to bring kids into the film for more views, thats pointless. Every kid in america is going to see this move, and every dude is going to see it too(Megan Fox and those short shorts mmmmm).

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    now i like skidz head, it has really grown on me since vangelus' video review of him (seriously he could make a review on dog crap and it would be appealing LOL) but still kind of iffy on mudflap. probably get mudflap anyways to go with skidz

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    dude that actually looks pretty good, man that is great....please tell me this is real and not fan made, which i think sadly it is

9. Capovin

Capovin Well-Known Member

I work in the industry and most people will tell you that red doesn't show up well on film. However they seem to be doing it in the second one, but it's true.

10. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

i remember the flame wars about the designs of the movie and i'll say 85% of people hated the designs, they all wanted liquid metal for faces and all the characters to look like their G1 counterparts, really look it up on here, but now we got the same people saying they loved them or hated them all along! why cant we all just enjoy the movie for what it is? instead of saying michael bay destroyed or raped my childhood? the movie is gonna rock, and if you don't like the movies, how about you don't see the movie and save all the good seats in the theateres for the ones who want to enjoy it, OR heres one better, go see the movie before you form half-assed opinions on it? people saw wolverine when it leaked on the net and thought it sucked, but then swallowed their pride and dignity when they saw the finished product...so do us all a favor, don't whine and complain about something that YOU don't like, if you want block formers and liquid metal, and better faces, save your money, and bribe bay yourself, and don't bring up the whole, " we almighty true fans got the head on megatron changed" bit, it's still not helmet head and liquid metal, but good ol' fashioned realism of giant alien robot!

there i'm done...fire at will

11. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Fire at will? I respect you for this dude! I'm a fan of G1, but you're right! It's much better when you actually see the movie. For the first movie, I couldn't care less for it. I thought it would be stupid. I saw it. I couldn't believe what I saw! It was amazing and I became a tf fan because of it! Yeah, it's different, but that's the point isn't it?

I like the looks of these two anyways! I always have. Well, at first I thought they were just interesting, but I warmed up to them quickly.

You my fellow tf fan, have won my respect.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After reading the novel they are not funny at all. Skids talks like a gangsta and Mudflap has a lisp. Nothing they said made me laugh at all.