Customs: Classiocs Starscream Warning

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

For those working with Starscream, something happend to one I was customizing today that ticked me off.

On the legs where the wings fold up there was some paint causing the wings to stick while I moved them back and forth. I didn't think much of it because my other were the same way. Well I guess there was too much and when I went to fold the wing, the part of where the pin goes through broke off.

Here is where it brok. (This isn't the one that broke, just showing the area)

[​IMG]

Just be careful about paint build up. You may wan to sand that part down before painting.

EDIT: Its late, I'm tired, and can't spell Classics apparently.

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

It's a common occurrence and you're not the first, nor the last to have this problem. It frightens me a bit. I think we're gonna see a bunch of broken Starscreams in the future.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think when I get mine, I'll try the Wings, if theyre really stiff, Ill just leave them down like the G1 Toy.

4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I just picked up a second SS last night so I could have one to open...the tight fit of those little wing bits scared the S out of me as I TFed him. I've opened BB, HR, and now SS and they all feel too "breakable" to me, though, I dig their looks.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

mines fine...it's tight, when i flip it i don't pull it by the top of the wing, grab it at the base where it rotates. Seems to help.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does the boiling water trick soften it up any? On the one i handled it was so stiff i was affraid to force it.