Minor/Repaint: Classicverse Glyph

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rumble619, Nov 14, 2009.

1. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's a little project I like to call my stress relief project.With working so many hours,doing commissions and my girl,I needed something to relieve all the stress that comes with it.But I didn't want to work on any of my main projects so I started Glyph.

This has more of a "just do it" approach.I didn't really put a lot of thought into it.I just wanted something quick and simple so if I messed up on it I wouldn't care.I see in the pics that I have a few touch-ups to do.

The only real thought that went into this was I wanted to fem her up a bit.I didn't want her looking like Arcee and the others.I wanted her to be more of a "little sister" type to the other fems like BB is to the guys.I gave her more rounded off legs to try and give that fem feel.I was going to make them skinnier but thought that with her big feet it wouldn't look right.I then femmed up the face a little.I got rid of the Soundwave looking visor and gave her more of a Jazz look for the eyes.The rest of her face came off of a RID universe Blackarachnia.I just cut it and then ground it down to size.I went with gold and yellow because the G1 had a goldish faceplate yellow visor.

Her car mode is nothing special.Just removed the wing and hood scoop.I figured that since BB and CJ had graphics I'd give her something subtle.I had these graphics from a model kit and went with them.

I actually enjoyed doing this more then I thought and by the end I found myself wishing I spent more time on her.That's cool though cause now I'm actually going to do a full blown Glyph project.This one is going to my brothers girlfriends kid.

Well.........I just wanted to share this with all of you.Hope you like

UPDATE:Just painted the lips an ice blue instead of the red.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. sweetnessprime1

sweetnessprime1 Brute force of Team Metal

Nice job!

3. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    everything except the lipstick works. i would've preferred her face plate there instead

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Looks great.... except the face. The lipstick just doesn't look right. That and she's always had a faceplate in all of her fictional appearances.

5. Dex Antares

Dex Antares I am a Meat Popsicle

Not bad. Is that one of your custom head sculpts?

6. rumble619

News Credits:
    I understand.I only did it this way to kind of give her the Arcee look to make her look fem.A lot of people don't realize that she's a female(I know I didn't until I read about her on wikipedia) so I was just trying to convey that for people less familar with the character.I didn't even know about her until Gizmo Tracer did his animated one.Plus,the Animated Glyph doesn't have a faceplate so I just tried to meld the two.I'll probably paint the lips gold.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I actual like the lipstick!!! In passing, I don't think I would have done it. I probably would have just given her a pinkish hue on her cheeks, like blush or something. But still, goo work.

Everyone who takes a few commissions does the same thing. Hell, I'm almost done with a Devy bash, and here I am building a Bruticus. :lol 

The side projects helps you stay on point, and gives you a renewed vigor when you get back to those commissions.

Great work, and I hope the side projecys help you tsya focused and stress free.

8. GizmoTracer

GizmoTracer Well-Known Member

Nice, always glad to see Glyph get some love!

I rather like the head sculpt. The pieces fit together really well! I agree that the colour of the 'lipstick' needs to change. The red really draws attention to her mouth, since it stands out so starkly from the rest of her paint scheme. Maybe if her lips were a pale blue, or different shade of silver? Gold would be a step in the right direction, anyway.

9. rumble619

News Credits:
    The head is BBs' with Blackarachnias' face!!!!

I had thought about some kind of blush but went with the lipstick.I figured Arcee has it why not her.

Speaking of those projects of yours.........I can't wait to see those bad boys finished up!!!!

Thanks for introducing me to her.Without your Animated version I would have never known about her.Looking at the pics the red does seem bright.In person it's really not that bright.I do like the pale blue idea though!!!!

10. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Glyph is a chick?! Just kidding. I know how long it's been coming so congrats buddy, she looks awesome! And those graphics are a perfect choice! Sit back and crack one open.

11. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think painting her face gold works better than the traditional silver/chrome Autobot face colors.