ClassicsThundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Mar 30, 2009.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone know where to buy an affordable, complete Classics/Henkei Thundercracker?

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Define affordable. I finally caved and got my TCracker from BBTS. He was about $70. Think of it this way, if you can afford three Voyagers you can save up to afford one Thundy. Kinda unfair, but such is the rarity of my favorite Seeker, so it was worth it for me, don't know if he's a fave enough or yours to be worth it for you though.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Be warned the Henkei Thundercracker has obscenly loose joints. I held XJunky's in my hands a couple of months ago and it was a floppy mess, esp the wings and the guns. I'd recommend the Botcon Thundercracker instead, sure it's more money, but at least it's an exclusive you don't have to dunk in superglue for the joints to stay in place.

I knew I liked you for a reason ;)  The Thundercracker repaint is the only reason I paid full retail for a second movie Starscream mold.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got lucky on the price of mine, but i would've eventually caved and bought it at a higher price, but like stated, the guns and wing floppiness is apparent on mine as well,

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the gun problem on my Henkei TC but the wings are fine

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out the Items for Sale threads here.

I wouldn't bother personally, they're just not worth the money (issues with the Henkei ones noted above) - have more fun painting your own from an Acid Storm or something. I haven't done it yet, but its something I really want to do!

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I think that in one of the Q&As Hasbro said they are exploring the possibility of releasing thundercracker in Universe 3.0 with a paintjob different from the one out now.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like has been said. Define affordable. I got my Botcon TC when I got my loose 2007 Botcon set. Would I pay the current prices for one off eBay? Probably not... he's worth more then an original G1 Thundercracker MISB at this point.

You could get the Henkei release for much less (about $75 USD from most import stores), but some of them seem to have loose joint issues and even the ones that don't have loose joints seem to have problems with the gun pegs being too small for the holes on his arms... which to me would not be worth it.

Yes, they mentioned this about TC and they also mentioned that the remolding that Takara had done to Dirge and Thrust (with different paint schemes) made them plausible releases as well for a later date as they would be different from the figures released at Botcon.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning. I've been eyeing the Henkei TC for a long time but haven't committed the money for one. I got a custom paint TC that a board member made for me and I think I'll stick with it until I can afford a Botcon TC.

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Whoa how did I miss this news?!

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Then it's worth waiting for the US release of Classics Dirge and Thrust then. That's a great news indeed.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thing is there has been an informal agreement between hasbro and takara that one will not mass release the others exclusive... then again that kind of went out the window with Cyb Excellion.

13. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Can you really take anything that Hasbro says at face value? I mean, people are still waiting for the silver face Universe Ironhide.

As for Henkei Thundercracker. I bought a set from bodhar and immediately regretted it after receiving them. I had them for three days before dumping them. I figure if I'm gonna spend $70 on a deluxe figure, might as well add $20 and get a Masterpiece. But that's just me.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I picked up both MP and Henkei TC for my upcoming birthday, but birthday hasn't offically arrived yet so I haven't opened my package yet to see how floppy my Henkei TC is yet or not. But even if he's a bit floppy I stil don't fell bad about biting the bullet for my favorite Con.

Thrust and Dirge on the other hand, I would love to get a a lower price point and would love for that Hasbro release to come true.

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you just want a display piece, get the Botcon TC.
    If you want to have it on top of your desktop to fiddle with, get the Henkei.

16. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I like to fiddle with my transformers. Hmm i had no idea the henkeis were so floppy. If indeed Hasbro does TC, Thrust and Dirge in Universe 3.0 then I think I will wait. Ideally I would like TH and Dirge, but they arent a priority. thanks everyone!

17. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    True....but from what it sounds like they will have different paint applications, just like DVD Exellion and Cyb Excellion. Which I am all for.....gives them a bit of uniqueness

18. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I got my Henkei Thundercracker from TFSource for like... $65 last year.

Best purchase I made all of 2008.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei Thundercracker is pretty, but damn the floppiness. As much as I wanted a Thundercracker, if I knew before hand what I would be getting, I would have never gotten one.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get them both.