Heavy/Scratch: Classics Zarak Headmaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by warriorpriest, Nov 1, 2011.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    First I want to give a shout out to thyvipera. His Scorponok gave me the base idea for this custom. I had a client that wanted a headmaster for his Scorponok that was just more then a mini figure the fit in a helmet. He wanted the whole head to be the headmaster. So taking what thyvipera did and adding a different spin I came up with this custom. I also came up with a way to give it an actual head for the scorpion mode as well. The head per the clients request just snaps in place like the original headmaster did. The horns can be close combat weapons for Zarak when he is in robot mode. To make it all work I had to add a hinge joint to Zarak's waist area.

He is made from
    HFTD Sanstorm
    G1 Zarak
    Armada Jetstorm minicon leg joints
    Armada Sideswipe's arm ball joint
    Plasticard, putty, and blood sweat and tears. LOL!!

Sorry some of the pics are dark. I am still real ill and i forgot to use the flash in all of them between shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a sneak peak of what is next.....

[​IMG]

C&C welcome.

Attached Files:

2. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's sick!! Including the helmet to make a larger figure? Brilliant! They look great.

3. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a great idea!
    Only I'd've liked the face to fill in better.

4. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Thank you. The helmet was *fun* to take apart. LOL!!!

Thank you. Can you explain more on the face?? as far as it filling in more?? :D 

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll admit I was unsure when I read what you did but that is brilliant, you could technically have just left out the old face and made one accurate to the US depictions of him but that is a very nice headmaster.

6. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice idea. I agree the face seems a little small for what used to b the helmet.

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Very cool idea and great execution, man! I also wasn't too sure how it might look, but after seeing it all together and seeing how you planned/designed it, it works great!

8. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

NICE!!

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice job man. It's insane how much that Beachcomber looks like Zarak. I was tempted myself to do one when I saw Thyvipera's too. Nice stuff

10. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like the original Scorponok with the headmaster in and everything looked like a guy wearing a helmet wearing a helmet.
    It'd been nice if you coulda used a bigger face to eliminate that look, and I'd totally like to commission one of these myself if you were to do that.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    fantastic, love the work on the bot, but the two cat eyes painted on to the alt mode ruin it for me unfortunately. as well as being the wrong kind of animal's eyes it also looks like you're reading the lump sticking out the front (ie. the bot mode head) as being the scorpion's head too, even though scorpions don't have heads.

scorpions have a flat front to their body, with nothing on it other than mandibles poking out. there's literally nothing further forward than where the claws stick out other than the mandibles.. understandable really as the claws aren't arms, they're just big mandibles, basically the big claws actually stick out of their mouths.

their main eyes are on top of their back. there's an area which corresponds perfectly with where their eyes are (the small dark panel at what's the top of his chest piece in bot mode, i vaguely remember it being the button to open the chest with), what you currently have is the equivalent of eyes basically in the middle of his mouth painted on to his teeth.

movie scorponok was only loosely based on a scorpion (as with movie ravage), but g1 scorponok is pretty anatomically correct.

[​IMG]

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Innovative and original use of that helmet!

13. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

very nice work, and great use of the original head, love it
    all the best
    colin

14. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Well the client wanted the toy lookliek the original so I went with that. :D  but thank you glad you like it.

Thank you. the toy itself always had a small face. Given most of the time it will be in head mode on a regular scorponok, it wont look much different.

Thxs hXcpunk. That means a lot from some who's work i follow. :D  I could not ask for a better prop from a fellow chop shop artist.

Glad you like it. You inspired me to do this. :D 

Thank you. I may do one more but the joint in the waist is a pain in the arse.

I will PM you. :D  :D  I went this route cause i wanted to keep it close to the toy. and the new owner loves it so that is what is important.

I know about scorpions. I also know that if you look at Scorponok from beastwars he had a head. With cat like eyes. Who is to say the Scorpions from Zarak's planet doesnt have heads??? It is after all it is a scifi kids show and the toys are based off the show/vicaversa and not the way animals actually are. If that was the case Terrorsaur would have been HUGE and Scorponk would have be tiny. The scorponok toy does not have a button to open the chest. it just folds down. Thank you for the feedback though and I am glad you like the robot mode.

Thank you.

Thxs Colin. Glad you like it.