Minor/Repaint: Classics WIP.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, Jul 18, 2008.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

Well I had to table my Zartan swamp skier transformer for a while till I can get some more supplies. plus the fact that my 2 yearold son got a hold of it and practically put me back at square one. So I decided to do this in the meantime. All I had to buy was the Transformer and that was relativally cheap. Someone was gonna do this one before Hasbro got to it so I thought I would try to beat everyone else to it. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Who knows. It dosn't really matter anyway. Hope ya all like it so far. I just need a little touch up and some repro labels and it will be finished.

*****UPDATE*****
    Finally got around to doing a little more painting. Painted rear bumper.
    Fixed headlights. Found Rocket launcher that resembled the G1 version.

*****UPDATE*****
    Finally got head finished.

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Nice work. I had the same idea two days ago when I got my Classis Sunstreaker. So you gonna remove the paint on the clear headlights?

~Z

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you need to take the engine off his back, and use it to beef up his rifle instead, so it doesnt have that in common with SS.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I agree with REDLINE. Or you could do like I did with mine, I lowered it on his back to serve as Sideswipe's jet pack (from the G1 'toon). I've done the same thing with mine so far--all it needs is some paint and faction symbol. You should do like AutoCon2076 said and remove the paint from the clear headlights--it will help break up the red and add some subtle details to it.

Did you do any modding to the head, other than pulling out the Sunstreaker "horns"? I pulled 'em out of mine, trimmed the tips off and used those as part of the head--I also plan to fill the gaps soon.

This looks great--thanks for sharing it and giving me an idea of what mine may look like. Keep up the great work, bro!

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I fiigured I would wait for the Fall release, and Redline talked me out of doing a Red Alert (he was right, though!). Good thing you did it justice though, nice work

6. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

They said that there would be a Sidswipe release, Any way I also bought an extra streaker but the question is, how'd you did that head modification ? Any tips ?

7. optimusawesome

Well. to answer a few questions.

first the lights.

I need to pop them out and remove the paint. I am thinking of a silver w/ 2 blue dots to simulate headlights under the clear plastic. let me know what you think.

Second the gun/intake manifold

I have heard you can combine them. How?

Third. The head.

All I have done so far is to take it apart and take out the ear thingies. I plan on filling with sculpti or something like it soon.

Last. I can't find my faction symbol sheet. @#@#(*&^$$^!!!!! it will have to wait till I can buy more unless someone wants to donate a couple. one for the spoiler one for the chest/hood.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not bad. Personally I'm going to wait for Hasbro's Sideswipe. I like the head they're giving him, and it's one less kitbash I have to worry about doing, lol. I do have one kitbash I'm thinking about doing with this mold, unless Hasbro decides to do it for me. I'm hoping they will, as it's just a simple Red Alert repaint/retool from their Sideswipe. The only thing they'd have to do mold wise is give him a light bar in addition to or instead of the engine.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

there's instructions and pictures in the sunstreaker feedback thread in the transformers feedback forum in TFW2005. :) 

10. optimusawesome

New pics added.

11. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

I am impressed ! :)  Now thats custom ! And its like the real thing.

Sideswipe TFU is shown in another tf related site. along with TFU Silverstreak, Ironhide, Galvatron and Acid Storm.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks good man. I just bought a second Sunstreaker to put his head on Sideswipe actually. From the pics I've seen of the official Sideswipe's head, I'm not impressed. I felt the same way about Prowl too but I ended up loving it so who knows.

Either way what you've done looks good but I would have started with doing a Red Alert since we're not sure he'll get a mass release yet.

Oh and I found that thread about combining the engine and the gun it's pretty sweet and it works if you try hard enough. Here's the link
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...3013-hidden-feature-classics-sunstreaker.html

13. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great so far.

14. optimusawesome

Finally finished the head. a few more minor touches and it will be done.

15. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he is coming along great. i like how you used Hot Rods engine/ flamethrower for his launcher.

16. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i has hasbros version and im hunting out my spare hot rod launcher for his shoulder. it looks great!

17. optimusawesome

yeah that launcher works great.the only problem is that it's essentially spare parts in bot mode. Hasbro really disappointed me with their head sculpt. thats why I made my own.

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, I've been playing with the idea of giving Sunstreaker a shoulder launcher as well (I'm sort of reversing him and Sideswipe, relatively long story); I've been toying with one of Prowl's launchers, and I can easily mod it to fit the shoulder. But I can't for the life of me figure out a way to stash it in his alt mode (damn Hasbro and their efficient use of space!), and for that reason, I may have to ditch the idea.

19. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG] the original is not bad

edit: why can't i post a pic??

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

This forum is rigged so only the thread starter can post pics, and only in the first post, that way it doesn't get derailed by other people's comparison pics and such. Pics still show up as links, though, so if we want to see it we can just click it.