Classics: who should i get next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smangerbot, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Mirage Mirage Mirage Mirage Mirage (Mirage)

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Go for Mirage. I don't own it, but he looks so cool in the pics.

3. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you plan on eventually getting them all, go for the harder to find figs first. (magnus/SW 2pack is probably the hardest one to get in the UK)

If you don't plan on completing the line, get Jetfire, Ramjet, Grimlock, Mirage, Astrotrain... Fuck it just get them all :D 

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I've never understood the love for Classics Jetfire and Grimlock.

Jetfire looks too clunky and his arms don't transform in jet mode. I'm clearly in the minority, though, since lots of people love him. Many have called him the best in the line, so he's clearly doing something right. ;-)

Grimlock has a crap Tyrannosaur mode and a somewhat awkward robot mode. Maybe I've been spoiled by BW 10th Megatron, but Grimlock just doesn't cut it for me. I don't like his legs, and apparently his chest and/or arms have looseness issues. He's also quite hard to find. Not worth the effort, IMO.

If you want unique molds, go for Mirage and Ramjet. Mirage is insanely posable, and Ramjet is just badass. Granted both have their flaws, but the good far outweighs the bad (for me at least). If you don't mind repaints, get Magnus and Skywarp - especially now that they're cheap.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I agree on Jetfire. Even though I like him, he's vastly overrated. Grimlock's not the best, but I give him more credit because I dont have as much of a problem with him as most people do (I also was pretty underwhelmed by 10th Megs)

but Mirage is just an amazing figure

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

if i can pick up jetfire for £18, i think i'll get mirage or astrotrain as well. that should leave me with £2 left over :) 

7. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

If you get anyone get mirage he's an awesome figure, although Astrotrain in cool and is a triple changer, there just something about mirage he's my favorite of the line.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Dollar (pound?) menu at your local fast food place?

Jetfire's great, though as a toy, a little on the overrated side. Mine's a little more special to me, cause it's the first TF my girlfriend bought me. ;) 

I'm throwing my support behind Mirage, too. He's skinny, but holy crap, he just OOZES awesomeness.