Customs: classics wheeljack WIP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

at the mo im trying to make several customs but ive been asked by someone to do Classics Wheeljack for them using the sunstreaker mould.

Now ive found the PERFECT head - Energon DOwnshift
    this is perfect because the head fits on easy with only ever so slight modding but also the ears are the right size so that the head can be transformed/moved when transforming without any problems at all

im having difficulties finding a decent white paint but what i REALLY wanted to know is

has anyone tried G1 Wheeljack stickers on this mould? do they fit well? or are they to small? i will try and post some pics later on

btw im just using this pic as i havent actually taken any yet and some odd reason this thread wont happen unless i add a pic or something

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The stickers work pretty well, but you need to modify the chest/roof sticker, as it is the wrong shape. I used this recipe you are trying to do liek two years ago, here are the only pics I could find i have of it, hope this helps.

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

wouldnt happen to have vehicle mode pics by any chance would you? i need to see if the chest stickers work in vehicle mode or not

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I would encourage you to take some WIP pics as soon as you can. I have yet to only play and plan with my Classics Wheeljack, and I enjoy seeing everyone's take on one of my favorite characters.

That, and it's more of a discussion thread and less of a WIP without pics.

5. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I've used the repro-labels on mine and they fit great. What I did was add a rounded decal to the windshield. This allows the repro-labels to flow nicely without being trimmed as well as differentiate the aesthetic from Streaker. Good luck! Get it posted!
    Oh, and yeah, I moisturize! Wannafighdaboudit!?
    [​IMG]

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the reason the thread can't be posted without at least one attached image is simply because it's a Radicon board rule that all project threads must have their images attached.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That's a really nice looking Sideswipe, though.

8. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am hoping that Hasbro will come out with WJ and Jazz, but if not, I may ask someone to make them for me...but keep us posted on your progress!

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Again, I am frustrated that this is a WIP thread, with absolutely no WIP pics. At this point this is a thread of all conjecture and opinions, without any physical work to substantiate it.

This thread will be moved to the Radicon Discussion form, and will be moved back once there is any pictures of the actual work being done.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Agreed. This is a discussion thread at the moment. Please, try not to act like you just happened to find Energon Downshift for the perfect head since it's pretty much common knowledge that he's an homage to Wheeljack, heck that was his name in Superlink.

So many people have done this exact custom that you should be able to simple search Radicons and find like 10 or more threads that have done the exact same thing, similar thing or at least talked about how most of them used repro stickers to do it.

Good luck though :thumb 

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  11. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

no.........if YOU bother to look you will find more people actually seem to use CYB DOWNSHIFTS head rather than Energon Downshifts head...and im not sure why because he doesnt seem to work that well when transforming.

Im adding pics later on once the paint has dried