Minor/Repaint: Classics Wheeljack WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Not much to say about this guy. I of course have to credit SMOG for the inspiration of giving E. Downshift a waist. Don't plan on moving the doors, I personally think the legs look a bit bare without 'em covering up the front.

Only plans now are to dye the olive green bits to black (I dunno why folks refer to it as a puke green - my puke's always been more red-pink-yellow XP), as well as painting up the weapons and splitting the back flap in half to update his G1 "wings".

FYI - TFTM Dreadwing's purple waist peg fits almost perfectly inside Downshift's chest. Just drill a hole into D's chest, underneath the powerlinx area and place the head of the peg inside - screw shut. Drill a hole in the waist (after removing the white bits that previously held the torso together) and glue the remaining bit of the peg in place. Ta-da. I haven't bothered with the gluing yet, as I need to take the waist apart for dying the legs. XP

With this guy (mostly) out of the way, back to work on Soundwave n Shocky.

[ATT]12045[/ATT]

Any further comments would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's coming along nicelly...

3. Kaltorako

Kaltorako Active Member

I don't know if this will work entirely, but I noticed that the Classics Seeker Upper Arm assembly is about the same size as D's legs. A bit of work with a dremel and scrapping the powerlinx thing entirely would, in theory, give you a nearly fully poseable Downshift in the DL area.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I agree with the above poster that the next step would be replacing the upper legs entirely with something better articulated... though that's a whole other can of worms.

Good find on the Movie Dreadwing's peg thing. I ended up gluing a flat Lego turntable piece in there. Still haven't moved the doors to the back of the legs yet though...

I notice that you haven't swapped the leg parts around yet so the crotch plate faces front. It's a bit of a pain to unscrew everything, but it's still an easy fix.

And I agree... "snot green" is a much better description for that plastic than "puke green". Maybe it's really just a Linda Blair pea-soup vomit association? :) 

zmog

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Actually, the issue with the waist was that I didn't have enough clearance in the alt mode for the crotch plate to sit in front in the bot mode. I figure it'd just be easier to fill in the screw holes after dying the green plastic black and then to repaint the new crotch.

And recomendations on a new hip/thigh section? I'm eying Cyb Excellion's leg assembly, but I seem to have misplaced a leg. ^^;

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I dunno about the legs... you have to be really precise with that sort of thing if you don't want an alt mode with gaps. You'd really have to find a set of legs that's exactly the right length.

Hm. Weird. My Wheeljack custom has the crotch plate on the front, and it doesn't interfere with the car mode at all. Where's the problem?

zmog