Classics- What we Know

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sureshot, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I already gave my opinion on those, they weren't wide release and the molds were NOT meant as those characters. Those characters something better than that...they deserve homages that have new molds made especially for them, and a wide release so EVERYONE can get them, especially after the completely shit ass toys they got in G1.

Also, with your logic, Classics toys like Starscream, Optimus, Rodimus, etc would all be pointless.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd say if we got a Dirge, he'd probably just be a repaint of Ramjet. Thrust I could see as a Ramjet body with Starscream's wings.
    Of course, I'd love for both to get remolded wings in the process, so Dirge gets his original unique wings and Thrust gets the intakes, but without that I'll take 'em. Seekers forever!

3. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Let's face it - they probably only retooled SS into Ramjet because they thought they could get three figures out of the new mould. If it was just RJ, I don't think they'd have done it...

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're probably right, if they couldn't put the effort and money into a new head for Cliffjumper, then Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge will probably all be clones. I'd be insanely surprised if not.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No offense, but looking at it that way is kind of rediculous. I mean, I own both of those figures, but the average person can't really get ahold of them so saying what you said is kind of like slapping everyone else in the face. Sure you, myself and some others have the Botcon Ironhide and Ratchet, but not everyone can afford those... nor would alot of people want to pay those high prices for two deluxe figures. Besides, alot of people don't really feel that the mold chose particularly represents Ironhide or Ratchet much.

6. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Yeah I'd be one of those people.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That almost makes sense, but I think they overhauled Ramjet like they did more because they didn't want to push six paint schemes (seven if they end up doing a Sunstorm) out of the single mold for Starscream. By making Ramjet basically a completely new mold... now they're only pushing three paint schemes out of each of the two molds.

With Cliffjumper... it's more of the fact that him and Bumblebee are close enough anyways and that they probably have no intention of repainting BB into anyone else. Though I guess they could do Hubcap, but that wouldn't mesh with the "no S3 characters that weren't in the movie" rule.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So regarding Thundercracker- any word on if he'll be a solo release or a bonus pack like Skywarp?

9. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    Yeah little curious about that myself. I'm hoping it is and isn't part of that TRU deluxe 3 pack (which we got no details on). I hope it is....cause it'll be in there with 2 other Classics (maybe the other two seekers.) and isn't cause I don't live near a TRU.

10. TSFC

TSFC Banned

What would be really nice (and pipedreamtastic) is for them to make a boxset of the remaining seekers starting with Thundercracker, and going onto the coneheads.

11. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    First, Energon Tow-Line was made as a homage to Ironhide/Ratchet. So, those characters WERE meant for their Botcon molds. Second, they are AMAZING figures so your argument that they "deserve something better" is pointless. Anyone who has played with the figures knows how cool they are. Third, by your logic, the new Classics Devastator was MEANT for that mold. All I have to say about Classics Devastator is that is smells and I have seen it in person. I'm sorry if some people are jealous that they couldn't get a hold of the Botcon figures last year but that doesn't mean you should punish the rest of us by adding characters we already have new versions of. If Classics wasn't a SHORT LIST of who will get made, then I wouldn't care. But it IS and I do. I want a character that we have not gotten a new version of since G1 (or at least a good version). I want imagination. Not the same characters over and over again.

12. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Same goes to you. I don't want a very short list of who will get made filled with characters that we just got new versions of last year. I want characters that we don't have new versions of. That is not a slap, that is a collector's outlook.

P.S.
    The word ridiculous does not have a letter "e" in it.

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, basically, you're saying you want what's good for you and the heck to everyone else? Okay, I can deal with that. Opinions are opinions afterall.

What about Sideswipe and Sunstreaker being on the short list than? I mean, they were made as really cool OTFCC exclusives and are actually easier to get ahold of than Ironhide and Ratchet. By your logic, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker don't belong on the "short list" either.

P.S.
    I don't really have the time of day to spend putting everything through word just so you can be happy. But thanks anyways.

14. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    Awful lot of opinion passed off as fact there.

I've played with Towline.... I’ve seen towline...and I disagree. It's not a great figure.... and I DO feel that Ironhide and Ratchet deserve something better, and I don't think I'm alone in that feeling. I'm not jealous you have those figures, I didn't want them when they came out and I don't want them now, but you should take your own advice and try not to punish people that do want them just cause you have ones you are happy with.

And I really don't think you understand the way "Short List" is being used. Am I the only one here that has ever heard this turn of phrase before? Or actually read what they said about the future of classics?

15. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Unless you have played with Botcon Ironhide, your opinion of Energon Towline in unimportant because I was not talking about that figure. The Botcon versions are different.

Second, I was THERE when they talked about the future of Classics. I think I know what they meant about their "shortlist of 10 characters" better than someone who has read an incomplete transcript of the Panel.

We have not gotten proper new G1 versions of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Alternators are limited due to their "show accurate vehicle" molds. And the Botcon Figures were not meant to look like their G1 bodies. So sure, I am very cool with them making these two. Apparently, you did not pay attention to what I was saying.

*snip* - Flame-baiting is NOT allowed. -2005 staff

16. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Um, I spelled vehicle correctly. I edited and fixed it WAY before you pointed it out to me. And I didn't need Word to do it! One of my Bachelors is in English. We all make typos sometimes but I mean come on. You are being RIDICULOUS. :lol 

17. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

They can teach you how to spell, how to utilize proper sentence structure, how to recognize literary styles of authors who made a name for themselves... but how to not be a jackass on the Internet, THAT is a skill that must be cultivated, my friend.

18. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Last time I checked this thread was about the Classics, not grammar/spelling nazis. Maybe they should release a Transformer that has a dictionary for an alt mode. That should make some people happy.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Alright, I'll bite. What argument was ignored. If I remember you were saying that they shouldn't make Classic versions of Ironhide and Ratchet, because uber expensive versions were already made available as Botcon exclusives and that the rest of the people whom couldn't afford them shouldn't be jealous nor should they wish for Classic versions of these characters because you already had your said definitive version.

I stated that that was ridiculous (thank you spelling police! never leave the Internet without it) because not everyone could afford those and that most didn't feel that they represented those characters anyways.

You seem to feel that Energon Tow-Line's body fits these characters fine and pretty much bashed the guy whom felt otherwise. You also stated that Ironhide and Ratchet were available through the Botcon exclusives and you didn't want to see the short list get bogged down with guys we've already gotten really good versions of.

I later pointed out that by your logic (that Botcon already made your uber versions) Sideswipe and Sunstreaker shouldn't be on the "short list" either.

At which point you stated that you didn't mind that based on the fact Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's bodies weren't meant to be based on their G1 selves.

I than made, in a roundabout way I admit, the comment that I didn't think the Botcon Ratchet and Ironhide looked like their G1 selves either.

The spelling nonsense you started. But feel free to pick on my lack of care of grammar and spelling on an Internet message board, because god knows that I'm sure to meet a lot of people that I really want to impress with my uber knowledge of the pointless and banal.

So, what argument was ignored? I realize what I was saying do you realize what you were saying? I wonder.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree with this. I personally think that it would be great to see a Classics Ironhide and Ratchet. They really haven't had a good version of them, in a main or filler line, since G1. But at the same time, I don't really care if we do or not get them, because I would like to see some other characters get an update before them. Mainly Hound, Kup, Blurr, and Arcee. Like the orangutang dude from Planet of the Apes said-"Can't we all just get along...". Well, can we? Peace out.