classics , what was this the testing departments day off

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by peeman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    or something

as i live in the uk i only got hold of some classics today i got 5 toys in all and had problems with all of them although some more than others , the worst was hot rod which i will touch upon at the end

Prime - Okish but the gun peg on the spoiler was to wide for the hand so i had to file it down to get it to fit in

Megatron - very loose in his joints this means cos of the back pack making it backheavy it always fall on his ass

Bumblebee - theres yellow paint all over bumblebees face and silver all over the car mode , you can also see where the yellows been touched up and theres two shades of it

starscream- wing came in the box unattached to the jet because there was a huge chunck of plastic on the wing that stopped it from fitting on the plane , i had to scrape this off with a knife

hotrod - possibly the worst piece of quality i have ever seen in a toy. when folding down hotrods chest i felt friction i pushed harder (another problem with all the clasics toys is the accessive force needed) i heard a snap and looked down to find the chest hanging down on an angle and the clip attaching the right side of the chest to the body broken, the toy has like two metal pegs coming out each side of the neck and the chest piece is attached onto this via two plastic rings locking round the pegs, anyway the peg on the right side of the toy was twice as long as it should be which is why the transformation was impossible, and upon studying the peg and the ring that broke off they were both covered in glue , so most likely someone tried to transform it at the factory, broke it and so just glued it back together. i have spoken to the dealer who supplied it to me and he said its hard for him to get refunds but he will give me a replacement either way though, feel bad abit though cos hes my friend and i don't want him to be out of pocket cos of a duff product, i guess i'm more fustrated really

i mean seriousely what the hells going on at the mo, between these and the titanium early waves were getting some of the poorest made toys ever, i realise its a big step for hasbro taking over all production but this is appaling, having been put off titanium wave 2 onwards by war within prime i think i have been put off classics to by these toys

just shocking really and dissapointing cos i was realy looking forward to playin with these :( 

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I only bought Hot Rod from Classics and well with my Hot Rod
    1st -I couldnt get teh rub sign to work, so upon the advice of the toyark in this community I rubbed it straight for about 5 mins to get it to work.
    2nd- I was trying to get the rub sign to work a second time and it rubbed rib off the toy!!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That is hilarious. Out of the two classics that I've bought so far, Bumblebee and Starscream, I've had no problems like those yet. Both of mine are fine, a couple joints are either a little tight or a little loose, but nothing I have a problem with. BB and Screamer are the only two out of the first wave that I want. I pretty much know what I want out of the waves that we know of, but there are a couple that I haven't completely made up my mind on. I hope that I see Jetfire here soon. I've got the money for him ready, so I'll be able to buy him the first time that I see him. I've gotten lucky with the QC issues on the classics so far, and I hope that luck continues. From what I've heard, I hope they get better as they go along the line, kinda like the Titanium line, but the classics started out better. I don't know what I'll do if I get a crappy Jetfire. He's one of my favorite characters and I love that mold. Good luck with all your QC issues. Peace out.

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I find just holding my finger still on the rub sign works just fine..with no risk of the rub sign coming off.

5. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I agree about the friction on Roddy, but it seems qc (or the lack thereof) seems to be a huge pastime these days.... :peoples: 

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I have megs, astrotrain, starscream and roddy and they all work and fit together just fine. everything works on mine. sucks for those with problems tho

7. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Do you usually have cold fingers/poor blood circulation? It really does help if you start off with warm fingers. I've come in from a cold day, and no amount of rubbing would get the signs to appear. Furthermore, in heat waves I can almost use the rub signs as thermometers, because they are active all on their own.:D 

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I got all 5 open, they are all fine...no major QC issues. Yeah coldish fingers will make the rub sings not work too well....I also use my G1s as a thermostate to turn on my room AC in the summer time LOL

9. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

my astrotrain is perfect in every way :) 

10. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Odd, i havent had any problems with any of the classics yet. Rodimus is had no friction when it came to his transformation from robot to car. The Bumbles Bee had is face painted right. As for Starsream its wings are attached right. Guess i am lucky so far with this series
    But Honestly Hasbro must have it in there heads that if they make at least 200 right. the next 600 can look and work like crap.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine seems ok too...the bots transformed smoothly etc. As for the rub signs...my country is so humid that they simply change colour at the slightest touch. Sorry to hear about the problems you encountered.

12. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Bumblebee has only half it's front grill painted, leaving the other half yellow. Otherwise the quality of my classics are great.

13. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've got all the classics that are out right now, but I've only opened Hot Rod and Bumblebee. My only gripe about BB is that his trailer is sooo tight, that I feel like I'm going to break it when I open for "wing mode". Now, Hot Rod just feels kinda cheap and "flexy", and, there are still nubs of plastic on his arms that should have been cut/shaved off after the molding process, instead, they just snapped and twisted the part off of the sprue and left an unsightly and problematic bit of plastic on the part (rubs when you TF him). I don't think I'll open the other Classics that I have, but, they at least appear to be OK as they are in the packaging.

Sorry to hear about you stroke of bad luck, peeman.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know... I've got all the current Classics out and I've got no problems with these guys. I also remember a thread where someone asked if there was a bunch of people who didn't have a problem with their's all were asked to speak out.

To be honest guys, QC problems have been a problem with Hasbro and Takara lately. Both companies have been releasing toys which have been lacking in the QC area. It seems like it's been a game with them lately.

You have to be careful of what you buy and if you get something with bad QC issues than simply take it back to where you got it and either get a refund or get another version of the toy. I've never understood why people keep figures with QC problems... it boggles my mind.

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I have all six and the only problem i had was with Bumblebee, the back of the car seat had a paint chip on it and that was easily fixed. Other then that my Classics are great... Sorry to hear about all the problems peeman, that's awful and just pure bad luck.

16. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hmmmm..

I have Prime, Megs, Bumblebee, 2 Astrotrains, Hotrod, and 3 Starscreams. Between them, one of the Astrotrains has an arm that's a bit loose. The rest are fine.

*shrug*

17. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

These are definitely the most serious issues with Classics I've heard of. So far, it's mostly been sloppy paint apps and loose joints.

-XCN-

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have all the Classics so far and have more comming and I have had zero problems with any of them I think they are the best TFs to come out to date. I am sorry to hear you have so many problems that must really suck.

19. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only issues so far have been paint apps. Everyone keeps saying how perfect their toys are, but many of the toys in the stores have missing, sloppy or scratched paint apps. This is most apparent with the deluxes, especially Bumblebee.

Looking at the movie preview toys, they seem to be using the same plastics and paint app techniques. Needless to say, I'm not really expecting them to be any better.

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

Got doubles of all the wave 1 stuff- only issue with mine is one of my Starscreams came with 2 left guns. Oh well.